No login presented for Registered articles

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211105 by D1on
It's just a standard Joomla article that is being accessed that is set with Registered access.

It looks like Joomla 2.5 is simply not redirecting to the login/registration page for registered articles like Joomla 1.5 as confirmed in that first link I provided to the know bug with Joomla 2.5.

Can you confirm that this works for you with Joomla 2.5?

And how can this be fixed on my joomla 2.5 sites?

Thanks,

Dion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211113 by nant

D1on wrote: It's just a standard Joomla article that is being accessed that is set with Registered access.

It looks like Joomla 2.5 is simply not redirecting to the login/registration page for registered articles like Joomla 1.5 as confirmed in that first link I provided to the know bug with Joomla 2.5.

Can you confirm that this works for you with Joomla 2.5?

And how can this be fixed on my joomla 2.5 sites?

Thanks,

Dion

On my testing J2.5.7 site the CB COre Rediect plugin send my to the CB registration/Login page when I try to access a Joomla article that is not accessible for public viewers.

Perhaps you have some other joomla plugin that is interfering.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211121 by D1on
I've just installed a stock standard Joomla 2.5.7 with CB 1.8.1 and installed the CB Core Redirect plugin with no other third partly plugins installed and it still does not redirect to login/registration page.

e.g.

www.collaborative.net.au/joomla25/index.php/getting-started

The Joomla (Getting Started) article's access is simply set to Registered that results in the "You are not authorised to view this resource" on the page without redirecting to the login/registration page.

The CB Core Redirect is published and is before the Joomla redirect pluging, but this still does not work...

11 years 7 months ago #211122 by nant

D1on wrote: I've just installed a stock standard Joomla 2.5.7 with CB 1.8.1 and installed the CB Core Redirect plugin with no other third partly plugins installed and it still does not redirect to login/registration page.

e.g.

www.collaborative.net.au/joomla25/index.php/getting-started

The Joomla (Getting Started) article's access is simply set to Registered that results in the "You are not authorised to view this resource" on the page without redirecting to the login/registration page.

The CB Core Redirect is published and is before the Joomla redirect pluging, but this still does not work...

I guess you are misunderstanding how things work.

The CB Core Redirect plugin will only redirect requests that are sent to the Joomla registration/Loging forum.

For example: Create a menu item that is published Registered and then try and access the menu URL from frontend as a Public guest - you will see that without the CB Core Redirect plugin the Joomla login form will appear. With the CB COre redirect published you will see the CB Login instead of the Joomla one.

If you try and access a menu item that is Public but points to an article that is registered, then you will see the red message and no Joomla login. So CB core redirect cannot do anything since nothing was sent to the joomla login form to begin with.

Best I can suggest here is to modify the language string to display a more informative message like - login to view this content

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211126 by D1on
Thanks for your detailed reply, but why do just articles that are marked for Registered users redirect to the login/registration page in Joomla 1.5 without having to create menu items for each article for registered members only, e.g.

www.actlawsociety.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126&Itemid=107

On this Joomla 1.5 page (from the link above) all links For Practitioners that have (members only) after the article links are all just linked directly to articles with Registered access that redirect to the login/registration page.

Will CBSubs Integration access restrictions in Joomla 2.5 on articles redirect to the login/registration page for articles marked as Registered?

We did not need to use this CBSubs Integration access restrictions with Joomla 1.5 articles marked as registered as they redirected to the login/registration page without this or having to create menu links set at Registered access.

Why does this work for Joomla 1.5 and not with Joomla 2.5?

11 years 7 months ago #211138 by nant
Joomla 1.5 works differently from Joomla 2.5 - not sure what more to add here.

Yes, with CBSUbs if you have protected the article and require one or more plans to access you should see a registration page proposed with plans needed to view the article.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn