phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #9590 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Currently the plugin does not work with the phpBB component. It is setup to work with the regular version of phpBB which is installed on the same website and in the same database as Joomla/CB...

So to make it work with the component you will need to hack the plugin.

I beleive phil_roy has hacked his to work and his comments are either in this thread or another here on Joomlapolis

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #9591 by Gabe
thanks for your fast support!

I try the hack, unfortunately I have still the same problem.

I can tell you only that I have php and Joomla in one database

18 years 1 month ago #9612 by RSM
Greg,

Weirderer and weirderer. In JOS_users and Comprofiler he is user # 72. In phpBB he is user # 12. So far so good. However when he attepmpts to log in, he gets "incorrect account name," so I are stumped.

:(

18 years 1 month ago #9648 by geeffland
RSM,

Where does the error come from phpBB or Joomla?... May need to PM me some infor about a phpMyAdmin account to peek through your database... Did his phpBB Id in comprofiler indicate 12 as well... Is user #12 in phpBB active and working (also check to see if he can direclty log into phpbb)

Radisan,

Not sure I ever answered your question... Currently there is no option on whether to snyc avatars or not... I am thinking about having Martijn put an option for syncing into the plugin... not sure if it will happen the next release or not... so don't take this as gospel...

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #9649 by geeffland
Gabe,

If phil_roy's hack for the "phpBB Component" did not work for your case I am not sure what to tell you... The plugin does not support the component yet mainly because I have not had the time to dig into what it would take for it to work... so I don't really have any answers for you...

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #9657 by kinne
Hello!

I managed to copy all phpBB tables from the separate database into the Joomla database without problem. The connector worked fine, but I have a doubt about the connection between phpBB's administration panel and the database: I suppose that the admin panel is still hooked to the original separate database and not to the tables that I transferred into the Joomla database.

Where can I modify this parameter in order to connect the admin panel and the new tables in the Joomla database?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn