phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #9658 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Think I just answered same question on Joomla... check config.php file in forum's main/root directory...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #9698 by Aristotelis
Replied by Aristotelis on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
geeffland wrote:

campersedge,

Go to the Community Builder - Plugin Management menu then click on phpbb connector... this should show you the parameters for the plugin... in there is a "forum directory" paramater... by default it will say "forum" which means the forum is in the www.yoursite.com/forum directory... if not located there then you need to modify the "forum directory" to be correct...

i.e.

"subdir1/subdir2/forum"

EQUALS

www.yoursite.com/subdir1/subdir2/forum

Also this should be readily apparent if you go to the control panel... if this opens up and shows you the stats of the users correctly then the forum directory is correct... if not correct if will error out like crazy (as it won't find the phpbb tables)

Greg

Hello,
we get a strange behaviour that we have not found documented yet:
We can not access the control panel because the link is simply saving the component!
We go to CB plugin mgt, enter the phpBB connector, go to the plugin control panel link (it shows at the status bar: "javascript: submitbutton('savePlugin');" ), and when we click on it is simply saves the status of the plugin and returns to the cb plugins list... :(

Any ideas?

We tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but the behaviour persists!

Thanks,
Aristotelis.

18 years 1 month ago #9702 by Aristotelis
Aristotelis wrote:

Hello,
we get a strange behaviour that we have not found documented yet:
We can not access the control panel because the link is simply saving the component!
We go to CB plugin mgt, enter the phpBB connector, go to the plugin control panel link (it shows at the status bar: "javascript: submitbutton('savePlugin');" ), and when we click on it is simply saves the status of the plugin and returns to the cb plugins list... :(

Any ideas?

We tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but the behaviour persists!

Thanks,
Aristotelis.

We discovered what was happening!!....

The browser window for the panel was already open (with an error but that is another issue...)!!
Hence, if you have a panel window already open and you press on the control panel link, it simply saves the plugin status... !!
:D
...now all we have to do is to resolve the "Table 'eexh_teste.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'" error... :(

18 years 1 month ago #9707 by geeffland
Opening the control panel will always save the parameters... Even when the control panel is working.

Based on previous reports my guess is that your phpBB is setup in a seperate database... Is that correct?

18 years 1 month ago #9710 by Aristotelis
geeffland wrote:

Opening the control panel will always save the parameters... Even when the control panel is working.

Based on previous reports my guess is that your phpBB is setup in a seperate database... Is that correct?

They are setup in the same database (
- joomla 1.07,
- CB,
- phpbb 2.0.19 pack with categories).

I changed the quotes in the phpbb file (though they were in a different line).

It is on IIS (could this be related? I read something about the document_root in these posts but did not quite understand it...)

Thanks for the help.

18 years 1 month ago #9711 by geeffland
Aristotelis,

That could be the issue. Version 1.0.2 looks for a SERVER variable 'DOCUMENT_ROOT'... it turns out that this variable is not always set on an IIS server. The next version of the connector has different options to handle this...

But for 1.0.2 you will need to go into the files which look for $_SERVER and replace that with the path to your website root...

For instance if you have your website installed on a localhost with the default setup (Win XP IIS Server) then your root should be something like "C:\inetpub\wwwroot"...

You will need to change all locations from
= $_SERVER;
TO

= "C:\yourpath\toyourwebsite";

Let me know how that goes...

Greg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn