phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 weeks ago #10069 by Rassal
Well, i got my Joomla 1.0.8 working, installed CB everywhere as stated and it works... installed French Plugin for CB and it works...

But since i installed the connector 1.0.02 beta, i get error messages at 2 known places... on the control panel inside the connector for the PHPBB options... when i click on it here is what i get:

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'fratersa_forum.mos_users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count(*) as total FROM (mos_users as j INNER JOIN mos_comprofiler as cb ON j.id = cb.id) INNER JOIN phpbb_users as p ON cb.cb_phpbbid = p.user_id WHERE cb.approved='1' AND p.user_active='1' AND j.block='0' AND (j.username = p.username) AND (j.password = p.user_password) ORDER by j.id
SQL =
SELECT count(*) as total
FROM (mos_users as j INNER JOIN mos_comprofiler as cb ON j.id = cb.id)
INNER JOIN phpbb_users as p ON cb.cb_phpbbid = p.user_id
WHERE cb.approved='1' AND p.user_active='1' AND j.block='0' AND (j.username = p.username) AND (j.password = p.user_password)
ORDER by j.id

And, i also noticed, since i installed the connector, my User Profile link that used to work prior to install the connector now gives me this following error:

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'fratersa_forum.mos_comprofiler' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT avatar FROM mos_comprofiler WHERE user_id='62'
SQL =
SELECT avatar FROM mos_comprofiler WHERE user_id='62'

I really dunno where i messed up... since i followed all provided instructions... everything was fine until i installed the connector plugin... doh!

Update: i removed the connector, and my user profile link now works without error... so there is something i messed up installing the connector plugin... maybe i need to do something else than install the plugin... i am trying to find out...

BTW, my PHPBB is installed, working, got users working and over it, it's on the same domain... go figure....

Post edited by: Rassal, at: 2006/04/11 20:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10070 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Rassal,

Is phpBB installed in the same database as Joomla/CB per the README?

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/04/11 20:25

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 weeks ago #10073 by Rassal
Well, i feel dumb... it wasn't... now they are on the same database, and PHPBB was updated to 2.0.20...

Now... when i install the connector i get the following error:

SQL error on field store: moscomprofilerfields::createColumn failed

And when i click in the plugin PhpBB Connector the link that gets the Plugin Control Panel, it displays ok... but the error message about SQL is confusing me, is there something wrong? I searched and found a couple others gets the same problem, so i will try to see if i can solve my issue with their solutions...

18 years 2 weeks ago #10074 by Rassal
Ok... i read your reply about SQL error on field store: moscomprofilerfields::createColumn failed

And i did install / uninstall / install... so that was the case... now, let's see if everything works... it seems on 1st sight...

18 years 2 weeks ago #10075 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Check on page 35 of this thread... just before your first post...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,4505/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,204/

That SQL error is an RC2 warning because the field exists already... no problem otherwise and it should work as is... no fix needed... CB1 will not give that error warning

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 weeks ago #10076 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I am sorry if this may be covered elsewhere but could not read through all 36 pages !!

I have a problem with phpbb connector which is baffling me !! Our site setup uses Joomla 1.0.8 and phpBB 2.0.19. It is installed in the same database as required. The forum is loaded inside a wrapper when chosen from the menu (but will also run in a separate page if required via its full url)

We do not use the full community builder capabilities - well not for our users anyway although Admin/Mods can use it if required. We use the inbuilt phpbb features plus have installed a phpbb mod called profile control panel which is similar to CB in what it does but works from within phpbb.

We do however use the CB Login to log users into both Joomla and PHPBB and the phpbbconnector plugin to create and sync users between the two.

We went live just a few days ago and had no issues with the site during testing - existing Joomla users (site admins) were succesfully created in phpbb when we installed the forum and connector and those we invited to help us test (mods) were succesfully created in both areas when they registered. The phpbbconnector 'plugin control panel' popup showed all users as synced and there was 'nothing to report' in any of the other tabs.

Over the weekend we signed up around 300 users and now there are 3 users that are listed in the 'interfere' tab in the plugin control panel - they are all new users so i dont see why it is happening.

This is where it gets interesting (and maybe a little complicated). Of the 332 active users on the site 329 are 'synchronised' and 3 show as 'interfere'.

When i look at the interfering users tab it shows me the following User IDs: USER1=124, USER2=202, USER3=242. (It is not clear whether the IDs listed are supposed to be phpbb IDs, Joomla User manager IDs or CB User manager IDs ?)

When i look these user IDs up in the 'synchronised' tab phpbb ID 124, 202, and 242 are issued to other users and the CB ID numbers do not have these numbers assigned to users. The user names of the 'interfering users' are not listed at all in the synchronised tab.

However, when i look up all of these users with the CB User Manager, the 'interfering' users are listed in there but with different IDs ... USER1=16, USER2=107, USER3=147. The other users (124,202,242) are also listed with the correct information. All users show the correct numbers in the phpbb tab in the CB user manager.

When i look up the JOOMLA user manager, the 'interfering users' are in there with the disputed IDs USER1=124, USER2=202, USER3=242 .....

So it appears that these users have been picked up by phpbb using their Joomla ID and not their CB ID - and I am hesitant to sync as i am not sure what should be done .... can anyone assist or suggest a solution ?????

Also - 1 other issue which i am not sure whether it is a CB / PhpBB login/session issue but no-one can email another user as they get told "invalid session".

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn