phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 weeks ago #10077 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I am sorry if this may be covered elsewhere but could not read through all 36 pages !!

I have a problem with phpbb connector which is baffling me !! Our site setup uses Joomla 1.0.8 and phpBB 2.0.19. It is installed in the same database as required. The forum is loaded inside a wrapper when chosen from the menu (but will also run in a separate page if required via its full url)

We do not use the full community builder capabilities - well not for our users anyway although Admin/Mods can use it if required. We use the inbuilt phpbb features plus have installed a phpbb mod called profile control panel which is similar to CB in what it does but works from within phpbb.

We do however use the CB Login to log users into both Joomla and PHPBB and the phpbbconnector plugin to create and sync users between the two. We have disabled registering through phpbb and allow the CB Login module to do this. We have also disabled password change from within phpbb by removing it from the user's profile page and instead inserting a link to CB (option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=&task=userDetails)

We went live just a few days ago and had no issues with the site during testing - existing Joomla users (site admins) were succesfully created in phpbb when we installed the forum and connector and those we invited to help us test (mods) were succesfully created in both areas when they registered. The phpbbconnector 'plugin control panel' popup showed all users as synced and there was 'nothing to report' in any of the other tabs.

Over the weekend we signed up around 300 users and now there are 3 users that are listed in the 'interfere' tab in the plugin control panel - they are all new users so i dont see why it is happening.

This is where it gets interesting (and maybe a little complicated). Of the 332 active users on the site 329 are 'synchronised' and 3 show as 'interfere'.

When i look at the interfering users tab it shows me the following User IDs: USER1=124, USER2=202, USER3=242.

(It is not clear whether the IDs listed are supposed to be phpbb IDs, Joomla User manager IDs or CB User manager IDs ?)

According to the synchronised tab, PHPBB ID 124, 202, and 242 are issued to other users who have succesfully synced so i guess the reported number is not a phpbb ID #.

When i look up the usernames in the CB User Manager it tells me they exist but the phpbb ID assigned to the users is different : USER1 is phpbbID 16 not 124, USER2 is 107 not 202 and USER3 is 147 not 242. (users 124,202, and 242 appear as normal)

Going back to the plugin control panel ... User ids 16, 107, and 147 do not appear in the user id column in the synchronised tab and the usernames are also not present.

When i then look up the JOOMLA user manager, the 'interfering users' are in there with those IDs USER1=124, USER2=202, USER3=242 .....

So it appears that although these users have been picked up by phpbb using the correct id from CB (and they can all post) the plugin is reporting them as their Joomla ID and not their CB ID - I am hesitant to go further and do any syncing in case i make it worse or affect other users .... can anyone assist or suggest a solution ????? All the users seem to be able to post !

Also - 1 other issue which i am not sure whether it is a CB / PhpBB login/session issue but no-one can email another user as they get told "invalid session".

Post edited by: Highlander, at: 2006/04/11 22:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10080 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Highlander,

Not sure I follow 100% but here is my stab...

The ID in the interfere tab should be the Joomla/CB id.
Users that show up in the Interfere tab do so because usernames match between phpBB and Joomla. This usually happens when registration is allowed on both phpBB and Joomla or when one or the other was existing and a user registered in the other before linking (also there is no check in phpBB registration to verify if the name is used in CB/Joomla... but there is going the other direction).

My suggestion... manually determine if the users with the same username (that are not snyc'd) are the same. If they are the same then from the admin side of CB (CB User Management) set the phpbb_id for the CB user to that of the matching phpBB id... otherwise one of those matching names will need to be changed so they don't interfere.

NOTE: The usernames do not need to match between phpbb and CB... but if either has duplicate usernames then the login for either CB or phpBB may not work... prior testing seems to point that it may not let you login if a duplicate username exists in the database.

Also note that any profile changes made in phpBB will not get updated back into CB... only CB to phpBB updates are sync'd (as this is a CB plugin not a phpBB hack or MOD).

Not sure I understand the different userid in CB versus Joomla... Was Joomla setup and in use prior to installing CB? If so did you do a SYNC users from CB - Tools? (If not but now sync'ing then does that fix the issue?)

For future reference... Once CB is installed you should not use the Joomla User manager any more... same goes for CB Login.. should not use Joomla Login.

On the Invalid Session for email... I would like to hear more... Do you mean PM or e-mail or both... and describe the case more...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 weeks ago #10081 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Highlander,

Just tested on one of my testsites and PM and e-mail worked... send me more info on that so we can try to debug it...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 weeks ago #10088 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I've installed CB and the plugin.

Phpbb and Joomla's data are in the same db.

Then why's givin' me this error?

[code:1]SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'statale.jos_users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count(*) as total FROM (jos_users as j INNER JOIN jos_comprofiler as cb ON j.id = cb.id) INNER JOIN phpbb_users as p ON cb.cb_phpbbid = p.user_id WHERE cb.approved='1' AND p.user_active='1' AND j.block='0' AND (j.username = p.username) AND (j.password = p.user_password) ORDER by j.id
SQL =

SELECT count(*) as total
FROM (jos_users as j INNER JOIN jos_comprofiler as cb ON j.id = cb.id)
INNER JOIN phpbb_users as p ON cb.cb_phpbbid = p.user_id
WHERE cb.approved='1' AND p.user_active='1' AND j.block='0' AND (j.username = p.username) AND (j.password = p.user_password)
ORDER by j.id[/code:1]

18 years 2 weeks ago #10094 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
My bad...

I did not change the directory from the default "forum" to the actual directory the testing phpbb is in.

Does anyone know anything about the Hot Property component?

Thanx.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10100 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
geeffland wrote:

The ID in the interfere tab should be the Joomla/CB id.
Users that show up in the Interfere tab do so because usernames match between phpBB and Joomla. This usually happens when registration is allowed on both phpBB and Joomla or when one or the other was existing and a user registered in the other before linking (also there is no check in phpBB registration to verify if the name is used in CB/Joomla... but there is going the other direction).

• we disabled registration on phpbb using the no registration hack. All registrations are handled by CB Login
  • we also disabled password changing and user name changing within phpbb. Username changing disabled via phpbb admin menu. password changing disabled by removing the form and instead directing users to a link that goes to the comprofiler pasword change.
  • CB ID and Joomla IDs are different for these users even though we dont use the joomla user manager and have synced using tools. For some reason, these users' numbers have been set incorrectly. For example, User124 (phpbb_id=16) does not appear in the synced list numbers on the left of the screen on the synchronised tab and the username is not there either so there is no record that seems to be conflicting with it unless it is getting confused with phpbb user 124 which is an entirely different user.
  • My suggestion... manually determine if the users with the same username (that are not snyc'd) are the same. If they are the same then from the admin side of CB (CB User Management) set the phpbb_id for the CB user to that of the matching phpBB id... otherwise one of those matching names will need to be changed so they don't interfere.

using the CB User Management, the phpbb_ids for these appear to be fine. Their usernumber and usernames do not appear in the userlist so I cant see what they conflict with.

Also note that any profile changes made in phpBB will not get updated back into CB... only CB to phpBB updates are sync'd (as this is a CB plugin not a phpBB hack or MOD).

All 'important' changes are done from CB - users cannot change names but password changes are done via CB

Not sure I understand the different userid in CB versus Joomla... Was Joomla setup and in use prior to installing CB? If so did you do a SYNC users from CB - Tools? (If not but now sync'ing then does that fix the issue?)

I didnt explain it very well, but basically, the interfere tab reports the joomla id number. As the username and id does not appear in the synced users tab in the control panel popup, I cant see the conflict unless it is somehow conflicting with the phpbb_id number of the other users ? Syncing has no effect.

For future reference... Once CB is installed you should not use the Joomla User manager any more... same goes for CB Login.. should not use Joomla Login.

We dont - we stopped using joomla login and joomla user manager when CB was installed - I just checked there when looking things up but made no changes.

On the Invalid Session for email... I would like to hear more... Do you mean PM or e-mail or both... and describe the case more...

I will try to give you more details later, but basically, after loggin on via joomla and going to php profile of a user, it reports invalid session if i try to send email. PMs work fine ???

Scotty (Highlander)
    www.CaleyThistleOnline.com

Post edited by: Highlander, at: 2006/04/12 03:05

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn