phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 week ago #10737 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
If you do indeed want to pull the values out in phpBB then that would require the MOD or hack to phpBB...

As far as the profile I would recommend redirecting to CB's profile. But if you want that data to show up in the posts then you would need to hack that part... but I think that would be easier than hacking the phpBB tables and the post area in phpBB... I guess either method you would need to hack the code that shows the posts to allow that data to be shown with each post...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 days ago #10849 by crillew
Replied by crillew on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hi!

I wanna start with a big tnx to geefland and co for a great plugin!

I am running Joomla 1.0.8 with phpbb 2.0.20.
I am using a wrapper to embed phpbb into my Joomla website.

Login and logout works like a charm, and so does account synchronization.

Now, to my small problem:
I get strange "scroll errors" when i use the forum inside joomla. When i click direct links to post it doesnt show the correct post, and when u creata a new post it scrolls to the bottom of the page instead of the top.
If i launch it outside (with direct url) i dont get these scroll errors.

These problems wasnt there before i installed CB and phpbbconnector.
But, in the same process as installting CB/phpbbconnector i also upgraded to Joomla 1.0.8, so im not 100% sure this comes from CB or phpbbconnector.

Any ideas why it behaves like this?

18 years 4 days ago #10875 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
crillew.

Your welcome... if you like 1.0.2 I think you will like 1.0.3 even better... just a few things to finish up before releasing it... probably will be done sometime in the next 2-3 weeks... time is a little tight at the moment... and I will be soliciting additional language files before release...(once the english language file is complete).

Anyway... on your issue... neither CB nor phpBB Connector should cause any scrolling issues with the wrapper... so the first thing to suspect would be Joomla 1.0.8... Try unpublishing phpBB Connector and/or uninstalling CB and see if the weird scrolling still happens.

Then you might consider "diffing" com_wrapper in 1.0.8 and 1.0.7 (or whatever your previous version was)...

Let me know if you get here and still have not figured out what is happening.

Take care,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 day ago #11119 by crillew
Replied by crillew on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hello and tnx for the reply!

The problem was with the wrapper component, when i disabled the function "auto height" it doesnt "scroll me around" any longer.

What unfortunately happends now is that i sometimes get doubble scroll bars, which is a bit confusing for the users.

But that isnt a problem for this thread i think :)

Version 1.0.3 sounds nice, tnx again for a great plugin!

17 years 11 months ago #11929 by GTWillemsen
Replied by GTWillemsen on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Some feedback;

Most seem to work fine, but since beta, some (userfriendly) upgrades can be made IMHO.

- (code)
when I open the "/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php" window,
using firefox 1.0.7, the window relates to the last size (minimalized) window. Since it isn't aloud to rescale the window, this can be very irritating; maybe allow rescaling, or give an standard size which displays everything it should.
I personally prefer the first (rescaling).
- (style)
the tabs in the same window aren't wide enough, or the text simply doesn't fit.
- (feature request??)
As far as I can find, there isn't a code overruling the phpBB-profile, isn't it better if there is only one profile "master", joomla-CB's profile, which fills in both?
Just some (standard) custom fields in a phpBB-connector tab will do just fine, updating the phpBB-profile.
Then the template of phpBB can be modded, to erase the ability to edit the profile, and voila, one-way-code working for both forum and cms.
-

I'll test some more, when I'll find something I'll let you know.
Keep up the good work! :)

[ edit: ps: by phpBB profile I mean the userpreferences, hide status / show email / notify replies / icq-msn--aim-etc / etc ]

Post edited by: GTWillemsen, at: 2006/05/08 10:45

17 years 11 months ago #11946 by GTWillemsen
Replied by GTWillemsen on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Posts are currently opening in a new window, instead of the same window.

Is this supposed to be, or managable?

Seems better (for me) to open it like articles, in the same window.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn