phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

17 years 11 months ago #11968 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
GTWillemsen,

Thanks for the comments. Some of what you mention is in 1.0.3 which is in development. The idea of managing your phpBB Profile from CB is on the drawing board but not planned or implemented yet... Probably in 1.1 or so (a version or 2 out, maybe next one though but after 1.0.3)

the opening of posts in a new window is not manageable in 1.0.2 but you will have some control of it in 1.0.3... was intending to also allow opening in wrapper... although as wrapper is currently coded the URL is in the DB so makes it harder to make a wrapper link to a post... although thinking about some workarounds on that though...

Keep the ideas coming,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #12045 by GTWillemsen
Replied by GTWillemsen on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Some more:

the tab where the users are listed who are in phpbb and not in cb;

you have to select by hand, it would be nice if there was a select all / inverse selection / select none function,
would really help importing / merging large userlists.

[ edit: the checkbox for checking them all doesn't atract a lot of attention, some buttons will improve userfriendlyness ]

Post edited by: GTWillemsen, at: 2006/05/09 16:21

17 years 11 months ago #12048 by GTWillemsen
"little bug";

when users are deleted in joomla, the CB panel is synchronised and then you try to merge/sync phpbb users with the CB list,
it results in a error,
because CB doesn't erase those users, CB fills them with "NULL" values.

I don't know if this is an CB or phpBB problem..

[edit: seams to be the "delete only user" function in CB ]

another problem;
special characters in names imported from phpbb db like [code:1]'s[/code:1] results in sql problems,
there should be an test of the query or something, so the admin can prevent an error, i.e. by editting these buggy-names / values etc.
(which is aloud in phpbb doesn't always fits cb/joomla)

Post edited by: GTWillemsen, at: 2006/05/09 16:50

17 years 11 months ago #12051 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
GTWillemsen,

Looks like you have found the select all/none checkbox... yes it could be more visible...

On your deleting issue... are you deleting them using Joomla's User Manager or CB's User Manager. This should only be done using CB (if not already)

On the "delete only user" option for the connector. This should rename the phpbb user and set them to inactive. This is so their posts can stay on the board. Setting them to inactive should make them avoid the connector import function as it should only look at active users.

Special characters is a known problem that I am currently fixing on 1.0.3. Currently I am fixing the html so that these will show and import/export properly but Joomla does not allow some characters that phpbb does... so should I remove those characters (on CB or both CB and phpBB) or should I not import that user, or other?

Hope this helps...keep feedback coming,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 11 months ago #12053 by GTWillemsen
I deleted users with CB, but slots were still in the db, because of the "delete only user" option selected.
Then phpBB connector gave a sql-error because the querie suggested a duplicate entry for the already deleted user(s).

So above looks like a standing (returning) problem... :dry:
Offcourse it's only a problem for admin's who do not know how or what, but in the end it should be prevented andso work for all.

For the special characters I suggest to leave it to the administrator;
give a responce field with the option of choice,
so the admin can choose to skip and continue (or better skip anyway and present all problems at the end);
- suggested option: delete problem-character
- suggested option: replace problem-character
- selectable option: edit problem-character (admin corrects self)
- give option to send (auto)email towards the concerned user with update and explanation.

They way to handle can be set in the paratmeters of phpbbconnector, so the admin can give an aplicable standard (always do this...) and/or the admin can fill in a standard suggestion (always suggest this as first option).
Aways mail an update / never mail an update / always ask for update mail.

Or something like this.
Deleting them in both and/or only 1 of the two, should be optional aswell, or always both of them, else you always have 2 sets instead of one.

I've got it all up and running now, but the hessle was to do it in one shot, which isn't possible with an existing list with spec. chars and (in the past) deleted users.

17 years 11 months ago #12054 by GTWillemsen
simple workaround the sql-duplicate entries, would be to check if the id's are available, and then do the query ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn