phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 weeks ago #10105 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Highlander,

Check phpbb_users and jos_users for the username that are shown in the interfere tab. Basically if they show up there then a conflicting username exists and not an id number.

If both are the same then you can either manually sync them up or delete the user in one or the other systems and try resyncing...

I will be out of town for a few days but if you PM me info on how to access your phpMyAdmin I will look through the database to help find what the issue might be.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10163 by cammello
Replied by cammello on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
geeffland wrote:

cammello,

First part... about the can not create column error... If I recall correctly RC2 will show that error when a plugin has been installed, uninstalled, then reinstalled... If that is the case then you have nothing to worry about except the eror message. Newer testteam versions of CB do not show that error. Basically it meant that the field was already in the table (jos_comprofiler) from the last install. Let me know if that is not the case.

Oh yes O_o
I've unistalled it beacause of the other db error...

On the other DB error... Is phpBB installed in the same database as Joomla/CB? I have typically seen this error when it was installed in a seperate DB... If it is in a different DB then check the README.DOC included in the ZIP file as it has some other needed info...

Thanks,
Greg

No, phpBB is installed in the same database as joomla and CB.
i'm an italian user, it may be the problem?

thank you,
Cammello

18 years 2 weeks ago #10170 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Greg

2 of the 3 users have now been synchronised !! The other has not logged in yet

Based on some of the comments you made about it syncing with phpbb when changes were made, I decided to ask them all to change their password via CB and it seems to have done the trick !

I guess once they changed within CB, it replicated them over to phpbb again and this time no errors ......

will try it with the 3rd user when she logs in.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10171 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
just a note for info - I resolved the 'invalid_session' message i mentioned in an earlier message and found it was not related to CB or the connector. It was an issue with phpBB and the profilcp hack

rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/viewtopic.php?t=3993

Post edited by: Highlander, at: 2006/04/12 22:15

18 years 2 weeks ago #10245 by crimsone
Replied by crimsone on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I have a problem with phpBB 2.0.20 and this plugin.

I'm using Joomla 2.0.8, I have CB installed, and the plugin reportst that all users have been sychronised (which is true :p)

However, when I log into Joomla, and click the link to the forum, even though phpBB reports me as online, I still don't appear to be logged in.

My website is in development at the moment, so it's not always online, but the address for now is crimsone.plus.com:85/index.php

Joomla is installed on the top level, and phpbb2.0.20 is installed to the /forum/ directory. Both share the same mysql database with different table pre-fixes (phpbb_ and joomla_)

I had tried the modification to my existing session.php file, and failing this, I uploaded the session.php file provided with the connector (which I believe may be an earlier version than the current phpbb sessions.php file), but I still have the same problem. I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but if it has, I didn't see it, even though I looked.

being a novice to joomla, CB, and the connector, I submit myself to your mercy, and desperately cry for help. lol

Post edited by: crimsone, at: 2006/04/13 22:03

18 years 2 weeks ago #10248 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
crimsone wrote:

However, when I log into Joomla, and click the link to the forum, even though phpBB reports me as online, I still don't appear to be logged in.

1) I encounter the same issue, I am visibile in the online panel at the bottom of the board, but I am not logged in.

2) I don't know if someone has noticed this before, but when I register a new user in joomla, it is not displayed in the forum as the "newest registered user". Not only this stays the last user registered from the phpbb registration interface, but the user count in phpbb is not updated...

Can you help explain these two phenomenons?

Post edited by: Yossarian, at: 2006/04/13 22:50

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn