phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #9937 by crow
Ok good to hear that you will look at untitled thing., did anyone test it with phpbb 2.0.20`?
I think i will tonight(but it is live site).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #9954 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Crow,

I will update my test sites with 2.0.20 and double check (after checking it with 2.0.19 or 18 whichever I have at the moment)

Appreciate the double check if willing...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #9969 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Will the connector work with PHPBB 2.0.14?

Or you suggest to upgrade to the latest version? If yes, is there a specific file that needs to updated, so to make it quicker to update since my forum is supermodded?

Thanx!

18 years 1 month ago #9970 by J0nnnnn0
Replied by J0nnnnn0 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
surfy wrote:

surfy wrote:

Help please !

- PhpBB 2.0.13 forum with a +1400 users.
- Fresh install of Joomla
- Installed CB + plugin + modified sessions.php
- PhpBB is called through "wrapper" module

When I login in Joomla, PhpBB show my user is online in userlist, but I am not logged in !

Can it be a cookie problem ?

NB : joomla is installed on a domain (asso.adorateur.com), and phpBB on anthore one (www.adorateur.com)

OK, that was the problem : Joomla and PhpBB MUST be on the same domain !!! ;)

I have exactly the same issue with my site
phpbb connector functionned perfectly, users are synchronised, forum posts are picked up in user's profiles etc...

But throught a wrapper, when choosing the phpbb Forum from joomla, users are seens as online but not logged in??

phpbb 2.0.19 is on www.gle.ch/forum/ ( modded with categories Hierarchy 2.1.14, ezPortal, business card...)

and joomla 1.0.18 on www.gle.ch/joomla/
However, I have not created any sub-domains (i.e. forum.gle.ch or joomla.gle.ch) ...

What did you do to resolve the issue?

Post edited by: J0nnnnn0, at: 2006/04/10 13:00

J0nnnnn0

18 years 1 month ago #9983 by geeffland
Yossarian,

Have not tested it with 2.0.14... Was originally developed with 2.0.18... assuming the sessions.php file is close to 2.0.18 then the patch in it and the plugin should work...

However I would recommend updating to the newest version... Download their patch... past experience was that it was pretty easy to update to a newer version.

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #9984 by geeffland
J0nnnnn0,

When you say it "functioned perfectly"... did it ever log you in correctly before using the wtapper?

the plugin basically includes the common.php file from phpBB (which includes several more files)... it then calls the function to start a session from the sessions.php file of phpBB. So starting a link to the forum from a wrapper or URL link or other should not have anything to do with it working or not... Basically as long as the forum directory is set correctly in the plugin parameters it should work... From your links you provided... it should be set as the default of "forum"

Describe a little more about your server setup?

Apache/IIS
php version
mySql version
phpBB version
QTY users
CB setting "Require Admin Approval" Yes/No?
Same for confirmation e-mail Yes/No?

If Require Admin Approval is set to No then are the users in phpbb_users set to user_active = 0? If so then set those to 1 and download the patched phpbbconnector.php file from here ( developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.phpbb_connector/frs.phpbb_connector_patches.version_1_0_2 ) and copy it over the existing file.
Greg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn