phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #9990 by J0nnnnn0
Replied by J0nnnnn0 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Geeffland,

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Let's go through it step by step

The phpbb forum is older than the joomla CMS( I guess this is the case for most people that use your connector) and was already populated...

www.gle.ch/forum
phpbb 2.0.19, Categories Hierarchy 2.1.4, and various mod such as EZPortal and Business Card Mod...

I install of joomla, CB and phpbb connecter in this order.
www.gle.ch/joomla
Joomla 1.0.8, CB 1.0 RC 2, and the phpbb connector Version 1.0.2 BETA....

When you say it "functioned perfectly"... did it ever log you in correctly before using the wtapper?

No, I have never been able to login automatically between Joomla and phpbb whether through a link ( for full screen) or a wrapper
When looged in with any user (tried with admin, moderator and registered users) in Joomla and clicking to phpbb Forum link, users are seen as online in the 'who's online' box but not logged in.

The plugin basically includes the common.php file from phpBB (which includes several more files)... it then calls the function to start a session from the sessions.php file of phpBB.
So starting a link to the forum from a wrapper or URL link or other should not have anything to do with it working or not...
Basically as long as the forum directory is set correctly in the plugin parameters it should work...
From your links you provided... it should be set as the default of "forum"

Indeed, my default is 'forum' I have a feeling this is a sessions.php issue....

Describe a little more about your server setup?

Hosted by Infomaniak.ch
Apache/IIS - Apache
php version - 4.3.x
mySql version - MySQL 4.1.12
phpBB version - 2.0.19
QTY users - 160
CB setting "Require Admin Approval" Yes/No? Yes
Same for confirmation e-mail Yes/No? Yes

If Require Admin Approval is set to No then are the users in phpbb_users set to user_active = 0? If so then set those to 1 and download the patched phpbbconnector.php file from here ( developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.phpbb_connector/frs.phpbb_connector_patches.version_1_0_2 ) and copy it over the existing file.
Greg

In CB, Admin Approval set to Yes, all users have user_active=1 in the php_users table.
Should I still run the patch?

I disabled phpbb 'Board Registration'.
I edited my sessions.php (can't seem to add Code here so you can find the file @ www.gle.ch/forum/files/sessions.zip ) to include the changes proposed in the readme
As you can see my sessions.php has been heavily edited by Categories Hierarchy and I found 2 occurence of AND session_user_id = '$user_id'";
One to I create or change sessions line 213 and one to delete sessions line 521, so I changed both... Could that be the problem?

Any thing I should be looking at? Let me know if I need to add any further info, I can give you access to the back end stuff on my site if you want.

Thanks again
J0nnnnn0

Post edited by: J0nnnnn0, at: 2006/04/10 18:38

J0nnnnn0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #9996 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Most of what you have sounds good...

On sessions.php... I think I only changed the one place... so the other could be an issue but if you have it single-quoted (apostrophe) around the table name it should still work ok...

The mods could be messing it up but not sure... only mod I know that causes problems so far is Mod2Forum... but it gave an error when trying to login...

One last thing to check... make sure that your users have a cb_phpbbid value in the jos_comprofiler table... assuming the control panel showed them as sync'd then they should have a number filled in... this should match the user_id for phpBB.

If that number is filled in and the phpBB user it is linked to is active then it should log them in...

If still no luck PM me some info so I can log into the admin side and also to peek around your phpMyAdmin...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #10003 by J0nnnnn0
Replied by J0nnnnn0 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Greg,

cb_phpbbid value in the jos_comprofiler table matches phpbb_User ID... No problem here...
I'll pm you with back-end access to my site.

Thanks for the help
Jonathan

J0nnnnn0

18 years 1 month ago #10056 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Thank you greg for your answer on phpbb 2.0.14 compatibility... I will do some tests on a copy of my website and let you know how it goes.

Another question I have regards the Hot Property component, available on www.mosets.com .

Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues with CB and/or with the phpbb/Joomla registration bridge it uses and the "agent" class of users needed to operate Hot Property?

Grazie.

18 years 1 month ago #10058 by cammello
Replied by cammello on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Herman wrote:

Hi

I get the following error when I install the plugin:

"SQL error on field store: moscomprofilerfields::createColumn failed"

Any reason for this?

Thanks

i've got the same problem...
Also, when i try to register a new user i get this error:
"SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'my_mub2.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =

SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'"

18 years 1 month ago #10063 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
cammello,

First part... about the can not create column error... If I recall correctly RC2 will show that error when a plugin has been installed, uninstalled, then reinstalled... If that is the case then you have nothing to worry about except the eror message. Newer testteam versions of CB do not show that error. Basically it meant that the field was already in the table (jos_comprofiler) from the last install. Let me know if that is not the case.

On the other DB error... Is phpBB installed in the same database as Joomla/CB? I have typically seen this error when it was installed in a seperate DB... If it is in a different DB then check the README.DOC included in the ZIP file as it has some other needed info...

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.549 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn