phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 week ago #10515 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Ciao Greg,

The code I was referring to is not sql, is cache code.

The last regstered user information is kept in the cache, not in the db.

Thanx.

Post edited by: Yossarian, at: 2006/04/17 21:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #10669 by cyberpark
Replied by cyberpark on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hello Greg.

I first want to thank you for making the only working connector between phpBB and Joomla. Works fine on our site.

I now have a question that's actually both phpBB and Joomla / Community builder.

I want to expand my users profile with some new fields, and I want these to be in Joomla aswell.

To explain further, this is a post I posted on a phpBB forum today:

Hello.

I'm currently working on my theme to World of Warcraft guildsite.
I want my profiles to show like they do at the Warcraft forums ( forums-en.wow-europe.com/ )

This is my how my profile is shown today:

And this is how I want it to look like:

I need these features in the Author/Profile field:
- Level
- Race
- Class

I guess I also need to make new fields in the MySQL database to fill in these values.

If anyone could help me, or point me in the right direction to help me do this, I would be very happy. I would even pay a little if someone could help me out with this, just to make it worth the effort.

Thanks in advance.

As you see from my request in need some new fields.
And I don't know where to start, but I'm hoping for some help from the community.

Thanks in advance, and thanks again.

18 years 1 week ago #10692 by homebrew
Replied by homebrew on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Just want to say thank you very very much!!

After several days of looking for a quality forum to integrate with CB, I finally found this connector and everything is working like a charm (knock on wood). I tried the joomlaboard first (like this one), but we weren't too impressed with the looks of it.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Kenny Redman

18 years 1 week ago #10705 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
cyberpark,

Not sure I have much for you on adding fields to phpBB... have not done that. 1 possibility to consider is having the profile in phpBB point back to CB's profile... not sure if this does everything you would like or not but at least something to consider.

Adding fields (and tabs) in CB however is a pretty easy thing to do... More detail in the CB user's manual (think it is in the download area possibly in the paid area... can't remember)... Short story is... create a new tab (if desired) then create a field for each field you want and specifiy it goes on your new or existing tab... I am sure this may not have fully explained it...

Check from the admin side -
Components - Community Builder - Tab Management for Tabs
and
Components - Community Builder - Field Management for Fields

Thanks to all for the compliments,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 week ago #10711 by chico
Cyperpark,
see this flash tutorial - you can see how to create a new tab and some custom fields:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,12/id,10519/#10519
or directly:
www.notexa.be/joomla_tutorials/2._create_an_information_tab_in_community_builder.html
Thanks to Notexa for his second CB flash Tutorial

18 years 1 week ago #10722 by cyberpark
Replied by cyberpark on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Once again, I must say I'm impressed with the community around Joomla / CB / phpBB Connector.

The main reason for choosing these solutions is purely of the support, progress and effort done to this.

To get a reply so fast makes me sure I did the right choice.

I will try out what you guys posted.

One more question though:
I now see the way to start is to find a way to expand some user information fields to be added to the SQL. Like "Username", "First Name", etc. I need to expand to "Level", "Race", "Class".

Now, how can I pull out these new values from the SQL and publish them etc in phpBB profile fields ?

I now how to edit MySQL, but don't know to add new custom to pull information out from it.

www.teutonic-guild.net

Post edited by: cyberpark, at: 2006/04/21 09:58

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn