uddeIM 0.7b released

16 years 6 months ago #47267 by slabbi
uddeIM 0.7b released was created by slabbi
Archives last updated: 23.10.2007
- fixed bug in plug_pms_mypmspro.zip with AutoWelcome Plugin

Following features are new 0.7b:
================================
1.) Messages are obfuscated in the DB to prevent accidentally reading (real encryption in not yet implemented)
2.) The default value for email notifications can be set in the backend (a change is only valid for users who have not changed their preferences yet). Note: If you want to set email notifications for all users you have to set "_uddeim_emn->status=1" for all users with e.g. phpMyAdmin.
3.) You can suppress the "All users" link in write new message dialog.
4.) Performance has been optimized when avatars have been enabled in message lists.
5.) Performance has been optimized for all database queries.
6.) Cleaned up the code a little bit
7.) When an email notification is sent the REPLY-TO header is set to the recipient's address, so replies to notifications are usually not sent to the administrative address.
8.) You can enable popup support in uddeIM now. UddeIM does not display popups itself. When this setting is enabled in the admin backend, users can enable/disable popups in the uddeIM user settings.
Actually you have to install a patched "mod_cblogin" (e.g. "mod_cblogin_11pl2") so that popups are displayed.
9.) The default for popup notification can be set in the backend (a change is only valid for users who have not changed their preferences yet).
10.) Systemmessages were not purged from the database even when they were deleted from the inbox.
11.) Repeatedly performed checks for __pms table each time you called the admin backend fixed.
12.) New maintenance tab in admin backend added. When users are deleted from the database messages are usually still stored in the database. This function trashes orphaned messages send to or written by deleted users.

Bugfix: Messages sent as copy to yourself were never purged from the database (they have not be shown in uddeIM but still were stored in the database).
Bugfix: Problem with infinite redirects when not logged in fixed.

Following features are new 0.6b:
================================
1.) Sender can delete messages from the outbox
2.) You can switch between Realnames / Usernames in admin backend
3.) When creating a new message uddeIM shows *your* connections (that means connections to other users instead of connections from other users to you)
4.) Connections can be displayed in a listbox (switchable in admin backend)

You can download uddeIM here:

www.slabihoud.de/spampal/com_uddeim07b+.zip

Please read "readme uddeIM 0.7.txt" how to update from 0.5b or 0.6b.

Please also check:
==================
Community Builder "pms_mypmspro" has been updated and works with uddeIM 0.5, 0.6 and 0.7. You can still use the old version if you want but express messages sent using the old plugin will not be obfuscated (new feature of uddeIM 0.7).

www.slabihoud.de/spampal/plug_pms_mypmspro.zip

Community Builder "cb_login" has been patched so it displays popup notifications (new feature of uddeIM 0.7). When you have new messages a Javascript or DHTML popup is displayed on the screen (this is better to recognize then the small icon in the login box).

To use this feature
1. install the patched module (or overwrite the old files with the new ones)
2. configure cb_login module; there are two more options "Display popup type": Javascript or DHTML (DHTML is default) and "Enable popups": enable, disable.

www.slabihoud.de/spampal/mod_cblogin_11pl2.zip

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2007/10/23 09:56

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #47372 by diego506
Replied by diego506 on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Hello,

Before I proceed with the upgrade, could help me about this point:

3. Edit /administrator/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_crypt.php:
There is one value which is used to obfuscate all new messages.
I cannot change this value later. I have to set it before the first new message
has been written and obfuscating of messages is enabled in the preferences.

Which line exactly should be edited and what values should be entered for it. As soon as you hear back I can safely upgrade your component.

I waiting your reply.

Thanks
Diego

16 years 6 months ago #47373 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
This file contains one line only:

$config_cryptkey = 'uddeIMcryptkey';

You can keep it as it is when you do not enable obfuscating or when you are fine with the key.

Before enabling obfuscating you can change this value, e.g. to

$config_cryptkey = 'thisismypersonalsecretkey';

Note: It is not "real" encryption since everybody who has access to this file can decrypt all messages. It helps to keep your users' messages confidential when you are working with your database.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #47379 by Maxxa
Replied by Maxxa on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Hello!!
I have a simple question!
Does pop-up appears "dinamically" or i have to refresh page to see the pop up window of new message alert..?!
Thanks!!!

16 years 6 months ago #47380 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Actually you have to refresh the page.

Maybe someone wants to write an AJAX enabled module which shows popups dynamically?

Note: Popups notification is not part of uddeIM itself, it is managed by uddeIM only. You need an extra module (like cb_login) which enables popups.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #47393 by Mukle
Replied by Mukle on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Hey :)

Uddeim is a fine component! Thanks to those who created it ;)

Well I hope that in next version it will be possible by backend to see what users are writing. My reason is for the security. To be able as admin to take care of a not-wanted case on the site.

Is that feature possible?

Mukle ;)

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn