Error

Please login first

uddeIM 0.7b released

16 years 7 months ago #47906 by Scotsgait
Replied by Scotsgait on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
slabbi wrote:

Well, I see your point but its not the job of an admin to read private and confidential messages without the users' knowledge even when he tries to help them.

E.g. in Germany privacy is a very big issue (and also in lots of other countries). It is here in Germany against the law to read third party messages without the explicit agreement of the writer.

Your comments are well made. All EU Member States have strict laws on the processing of personal information and without a proper and fair warning that the messages might be intercepted by the admin, webmasters reading the PMs are likely to breaching the relevant data protection law.

Post edited by: Scotsgait, at: 2007/10/15 00:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #47947 by Mukle
Replied by Mukle on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released

Well, I see your point but its not the job of an admin to read private and confidential messages without the users' knowledge even when he tries to help them.

I see your point :)
Even though we do not agree about all of it i'm happy to see the development on Uddeim. I have been using it for the last two years ;)

Thanks ;)

Mikkel

16 years 7 months ago #48013 by festusthomas
Replied by festusthomas on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Please advise if ver 0.7b is fully compatibility with CB ver 1.0.2 or is it required to use it with CB 1.1. I am currently using CB 1.0.2 and prefer to use uddeIM 0.7b with this version for now. I have searched the forum for answer, but could not find.

16 years 7 months ago #48021 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Sure, you can use it with 1.02 but I am not sure of you can use the patched cb_login or plug_mypmspro plugin with 1.02 since these are from CB 1.1. You can try but if it does not works you can use uddeIM without popups only.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 7 months ago #48027 by ViriiGuy
Replied by ViriiGuy on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Mukle wrote:

Well I hope that in next version it will be possible by backend to see what users are writing. My reason is for the security. To be able as admin to take care of a not-wanted case on the site.

Is that feature possible?

Mukle ;)

Wow, What is your site address so I can be sure to NEVER step foot there. You are treading on some VERY dangerous waters and looking to land yourself into a MAJOR lawsuit if your users ever catch you reading their PRIVATE messages. *shudders*

Now, on to my question. I just installed this PM system, but when I try to send a message, nothing happens. It all looks like it went, but there is nothing in my outbox and the other user never gets a PM in their Inbox. Also, would it be possible to add Titles for the messages in the next release? Like you would have for an email.

Post edited by: ViriiGuy, at: 2007/10/16 16:54

16 years 7 months ago #48037 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.7b released
Strange, have you checked the database tables? Is an entry created?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn