Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW

16 years 8 months ago #45116 by kamon
Replied by kamon on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
This is totally broken. Joomla 1.0.13 plus CB 1.1 Broke the login.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #45117 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
kamon wrote:

This is totally broken. Joomla 1.0.13 plus CB 1.1 Broke the login.

Probably something broke before you installed CB 1.1.

As you followed the README.txt file you got a backup, right ?

Check backend and front-end logins

You could restore the password column of jos_users table from the backup you did just before you upgraded to joomla 1.0.13, so that users can login again. Then passwords should automatically upgrade smoothly.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #45132 by kamon
I don't have a backup up before upgrading Jommla because I blindly upgraded joomla to 1.0.13 and then noticed the login broke. So I backed up the data base and then upgraded CB to 1.1 and the login is still broken. The problem is that even as I have a backup of the data base right after the joomla upgrade I don't have the file structure backed up.

Post edited by: kamon, at: 2007/09/07 02:26

16 years 8 months ago #45134 by beat
Problem is not in your files, but in your database, and very precisely in the password column of jos_users.

If you or your hoster has a backup of previous day, you could restore just that column respecting the ids.

Your hoster can help you.

Joomla 1.0.13 and CB 1.1 know how to handle properly "old" joomla 1.0.12 password formats.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #45138 by kamon
I just updated my admin pass using phpmyadmin and works for backend login but gets corrupted if I try to frontend login using cb_login or joomla login.

I posted it here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,43/id,45137/#45137

16 years 8 months ago #45168 by beat
We just saw in another thread that the joomla version.php file could be missing from some joomla upgrade packages.

Please try overwriting all joomla files with a full joomla 1.0.13 install, and quickly remove installation folder.

Maybe that would solve ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn