Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW

16 years 5 months ago #52112 by string
Replied by string on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
T.Scheisskopf wrote:

Oops. Bad me. I am getting a "restricted access" when attempting to get to the user profiles from the usermenu. Any hot tips on that out there?

Post edited by: T.Scheisskopf, at: 2007/12/10 08:19

1. Have you set Profile access to everybody?
"CB->Config->User Profile->Allow Access To:"

2. Do you have a menu item for CB that's not restricted to registered users?

Hope I helped & God Bless

Post edited by: string, at: 2007/12/10 09:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #52138 by T.Scheisskopf
Replied by T.Scheisskopf on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
Sure did. I will beat on that section a bit more.

Any other tips or ideas would be appreciated. After cleaning out the sef404 cache, I now get a 404 on trying to view the profile.

---
Whaaaat's the yellow light mean?!

16 years 5 months ago #52173 by string
T.Scheisskopf wrote:

Sure did. I will beat on that section a bit more.

Any other tips or ideas would be appreciated. After cleaning out the sef404 cache, I now get a 404 on trying to view the profile.

Q: What exactly do you mean by user profiles from the user menu? Getting to the member list? (I'm assuming you mean the member list)

1. Make sure the list itself has the right access.
Goto CB Configuration->List Management->Members List(Or your default List)->User Group to allow access to:

2. Can you try it without sef404 enabled and sef turned off? (If not, don't worry about this)

I know that in Joomla 1.5 sef was causing a few minor problems with CB (Avatars not showing up etc.)

God Bless

16 years 5 months ago #52188 by T.Scheisskopf
Well, CB login apparently does not work, although the backend works fine. Also, when I make a component menu item to goto CB, that does not work either. All I get are pages that say "restricted Access" in the upper left or 404's.

I think I can roll the site back to 1.0.12(Checking with Dreamhost about backups now), but I really, really, really don't want to do that.

Surely there is a way to get these things working, without nuking the site back to 1.0.12. After all, even if I roll it back, the users table in the database will be altered by 1.0.13. I do not have a backup of it from 1.0.12, AFAIK.

---

16 years 5 months ago #52189 by string
T.Scheisskopf wrote:

Well, CB login apparently does not work, although the backend works fine. Also, when I make a component menu item to goto CB, that does not work either. All I get are pages that say "restricted Access" in the upper left or 404's.

I think I can roll the site back to 1.0.12(Checking with Dreamhost about backups now), but I really, really, really don't want to do that.

Surely there is a way to get these things working, without nuking the site back to 1.0.12. After all, even if I roll it back, the users table in the database will be altered by 1.0.13. I do not have a backup of it from 1.0.12, AFAIK.

This might seem stupid... but what version of CB do you have? You need to have 1.1, not 1.0.2 - 1.1 works with 1.0.13 of joomla, 1.0.2 does not.

One thing causing problems is the password management method changed from 1.0.12 to 1.0.13, which might explain logins not working.

16 years 5 months ago #52215 by T.Scheisskopf
Oh, 1.1, of course.

Sure hope Beat and the gang are working on something that fixes this.

Thanks for your help and concern. I do appreciate it.

---

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn