Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW

16 years 3 months ago #55788 by frankrussell
Replied by frankrussell on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
I have not got involved in a 1.5 site, but went to help a company yesterday with theirs and the menus are all a bit different, so can't reciprocate your help.

I think though a little light has come on concerning my login problem. Having upgraded this site to 1.0.13 I failed to upgrade CB to 1.1. All my other sites are at 1.1. I will report back when I have uploaded and as we know 'Followed the installation procedure as instructed.'

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #55793 by frankrussell
Replied by frankrussell on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
frankrussell wrote:

I have not got involved in a 1.5 site, but went to help a company yesterday with theirs and the menus are all a bit different, so can't reciprocate your help.

I think though a little light has come on concerning my login problem. Having upgraded this site to 1.0.13 I failed to upgrade CB to 1.1. All my other sites are at 1.1. I will report back when I have uploaded and as we know 'Followed the installation procedure as instructed.'

Frank

Just completed the upgrade to 1.1 and all now working fine. Must be time for a pint!!

Frank

16 years 3 months ago #55804 by JPMendes
Replied by JPMendes on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
well...
it was going well until i have memory alocation probs when viewing userlist when loged in.. then i fixed it.. after i went to log out.. 403.. but 2nd try was ok.. no fix needed.. then.. i go to "tweak" my cb and I see that the same memory alocation error hapens :S what can I do :|
(its when installing plug ins)

16 years 3 months ago #56956 by azraf
Replied by azraf on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
I was :) cause one of my site CB 1.1 was working cool![Joomla 1.0.12]
i became :unsure: when i first install CB 1.1 in Joomla 1.0.13
:ohmy: when i was not getting solution...:angry: also.

and now pasamio make me :woohoo:
there was little problem, but that i can fix by myself..:)
Thanks a lot...
www.softnmore.com

16 years 2 months ago #57369 by T.Scheisskopf
Replied by T.Scheisskopf on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
For the second option, if I exported the jos_user table in csv and then edited it in a text editor, removing everything up to the colon (" : "), removed the colon as well, emptied the table then imported the repaired table into jos_users, this would allow me to have CB functionality again?

If not, please tell me where I have gone wrong in my idea.

TIA

---
Whaaaat's the yellow light mean?!

16 years 1 month ago #61069 by Boss_ACI
Replied by Boss_ACI on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
Unfortunately, I'm late to this topic.
I had my Joomla 1.0.7 CB 1.0 website since 2006 and have never bothered to upgrade, no need it works. Plus I only use the website to host lan parties using MYLanSite that recommended Joomla.
The first problem I had was not being able to update some of my content on the site and decided it was time to update Joomla from 1.0.7 to the latest version. Than discovered I would have to patch to 1.0.13. Read the instructions, nothing in instructions about CB update, backed up website,database, took off line and proceded to patch. OH NO!
Can't get back in. Frontend off line and backend invalid user. So I read this thread, every post and tried every idea, except restoring website and database back at the same time. That was going to be my last resort.
But what I realize is that you all are talking about CB 1.02, I'm still using 1.0 so none of these fixes apply to me. So I restored the website and can't restore the database. It appears to time out after awhile. Now the instructions from support recommends that I delete all the existing tables and restore after the deletion. Don't want to delete yet!
The funny part of this is that I have my backups and still can't get the site backup and running. LOL! The file is 'gzip' and I thought about just pulling the 'jos_user' table and restoring just that and re-appling the 1.0.13 patch.
So i'm writing this thread in hopes that someone might have a quicker fix for me. If I can't get my database restored than I might as well start from scratch.

Thanks in advance

Keith

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn