Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW

16 years 5 months ago #51298 by mmcritter
Replied by mmcritter on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
Passiamo,

I'm a novice with Joomla and Community Builder. Much of the fixes offered in this forum have been over my head. Your's seemed plain enough and I've tried the fix that you offered for the cb/joomla login issue. It didn't seem to do anything for my site. I'm still having the same issue. Any new suggestions... it's been a while since that posting.

Thanks so much!:S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #51299 by mmcritter
I'm still looking for a fix to the Joomla/CB login issue... I'm using Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable - as best I can tell. That's what is showing at the bottom of my admin page under the copyright stuff. I'm using Community Builder version 1.0 RC 2 and every time I log into the admin area, I get a RED message saying...
Latest version 1.1: WARNING: high-risk security vulnerability has been discovered: Please Update ASAP ! More info and security release 1.1 available on www.joomlapolis.com !!!

I'm confused by all the upgrade this before that postings and I just want to know what to do to get my CB login to work!

Please help!:blink:

16 years 5 months ago #51322 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
mmcritter wrote:

I'm still looking for a fix to the Joomla/CB login issue... I'm using Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable - as best I can tell. That's what is showing at the bottom of my admin page under the copyright stuff. I'm using Community Builder version 1.0 RC 2 and every time I log into the admin area, I get a RED message saying...
Latest version 1.1: WARNING: high-risk security vulnerability has been discovered: Please Update ASAP ! More info and security release 1.1 available on www.joomlapolis.com !!!

I'm confused by all the upgrade this before that postings and I just want to know what to do to get my CB login to work!

Please help!:blink:

CB 1.0 RC2 is NOT compatible with Joomla 1.0.13.
You need to upgrade to CB 1.1.

The readme file in the CB 1.1 distribution has instructions on how to upgrade.

16 years 5 months ago #51399 by mmcritter
Thank you Nick! Worked like a charm, so far everything seems to be functioning properly.

I can stop pulling my hair out now!

Thanks again!:woohoo:

16 years 5 months ago #51668 by barryforever
Replied by barryforever on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
there is no problem now ..i had the same problem..
this was due to some session handling problems generated by joomla 1.0.13 it has a fix ..

i forgot the link though make a search session problem in forum.joomla.org

16 years 5 months ago #52105 by T.Scheisskopf
Replied by T.Scheisskopf on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
Wait a minute, sports fans. Hold on thar! I just did the upgrade in my usual boneheaded fashion, IE: After 1.0.13 was installed, and it went fine. Nothing soiled its nappies or anything.

Now, I am not here to put myself forward as some kind of expert or anything. Trust me, I ain't. I make websites like a medieval metalworker: I just beat on it till it looks like something. In the meantime, it's usually butt-ugly, misshapen and malformed. Kind of like "The Elephant Man" but in PHP/MySQL. But I keep plugging, try to keep the caffeine and sleeplessness to a minimum and read the docs and readme's.

I had done extension upgrades before where the only way was to back out, uninstall in the reverse of the install. So I installed the 1.0.13 "OOPS!" files, backed up my Users table from my database, printed out the readme and read it a few times with my highlighter, developed some understanding, and uninstalled all modules and components in the exact REVERSE of the way you install them. Then, I started over with the new stuff, installing it in the exact manner prescribed in the readme. I then went to the component's plugin manager, uninstalled all the plugins that gone ad patres and Bob's yer' Uncle. Everything works. No soiled nappies and my sheets are whiter, brighter and springtime fresh.

I am not gonna say it's dead simple, but it ain't all that hard. Read the instructions, read them again, take some time to understand them without charging in to it like a psychotic bull on a nasty meth jag and all should go well.

And if whining users, whining because some feature or another doesn't work RIGHT NOW gets under your skin...well, you may be in the wrong line of work. Some people exist to whine. It's their natural state.

;)

Oops. Bad me. I am getting a "restricted access" when attempting to get to the user profiles from the usermenu. Any hot tips on that out there?

Post edited by: T.Scheisskopf, at: 2007/12/10 08:19

---
Whaaaat's the yellow light mean?!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn