[ITEM_ALIAS] doesn't work! Replaced with Blank

10 years 2 months ago #105114 by carlosleon0615
Hi,

I had reported this for CB 1.0.1 and was supposedly fixed in 1.0.2. Here's the post where I reported this:
Language Translation Not Sent to Paypal

Unfortunately I still have this issue with CBSubs 1.0.2. When I use [ITEM_ALIAS] in the "Payment item text" under the Pricing tab of any plan, it is replaced with BLANK on the front end.

I thought that [ITEM_ALIAS] is supposed to be replaced by whatever we enter in the "Alias (short-name) of plan". Isn't this what it is supposed to do?

Thanks,

Carlos
10 years 2 months ago #105130 by krileon
[ITEM_ALIAS] is used for Payment processor item text (short).

Where's [ITEM_NAME] is used for Payment item text.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
10 years 2 months ago #105150 by carlosleon0615
Hi Krileon,

The documentation indicates that you should be able to use [ITEM_ALIAS] in both, "Payment item text" and the "Payment processor item text (short)".

It says that right above those fields:

Settings for item text when presenting the invoice to the user, as well as the description text sent to the payment processor: ...[ITEM_NAME], [ITEM_ALIAS], [ITEM_DESCRIPTION]...

Furthermore, you brought up another bug/problem.
There doesn't seem to be a way to send the [ITEM_ALIAS] to Paypal. The "Payment processor item text (short)" is NOT sent to Paypal. I read in another post this was "expected" and that it should be set from:
Global Settings -> Display -> Baskets ->Payment basket item text

However [ITEM_ALIAS] does not seem to be supported in there, only [ITEM_ALIASES] which contrary to its name, it does NOT send the "Alias (short-name) of plan" but instead it sends the "Name of plan" (as it it [ITEM_ALIASES] was the same as [ITEM_NAME])!!

So, the question is:
How can we send the "Alias (short-name) of plan" to both, the Invoice item text and to Paypal?

Thanks,

Carlos

Post edited by: carlosleon0615, at: 2009/07/16 17:39

Post edited by: carlosleon0615, at: 2009/07/16 17:43

Post edited by: carlosleon0615, at: 2009/07/16 17:44
10 years 2 months ago #105161 by krileon
Will require further investigation, but there's a simple approach: Don't use the substitution.

Just manually type in the alias in the text box for the plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
10 years 2 months ago #105170 by krileon
The following controls Paypals display:
Global Settings -> Display -> Baskets -> Payment basket item text

There appears to be no bug. Please read the description carefully: You can substitute text using following strings: [PREFIX_TEXT] (depending on payment: can be empty for new subscriptions, or Renew, Upgrade), [ITEMS_ALIASES], [PLANS_TITLE], [SITENAME], [SITEURL], [USERNAME], [NAME], and any [cb_fieldname][/b] [ITEMS_ALIASES] is used if more then 1 plan is being purchased at the same time, this is due to the length limitation of the message. [ITEM_ALIAS] is not in the above list and thus not supported. [PLANS_TITLE] is used for the plans title if there's a single plan.[EMAIL] and any [cb_fieldname]

[ITEMS_ALIASES] is used if more then 1 plan is being purchased at the same time, this is due to the length limitation of the message.

[ITEM_ALIAS] is not in the above list and thus not supported. [PLANS_TITLE] is used for the plans title if there's a single plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
10 years 2 months ago #105177 by carlosleon0615

there's a simple approach: Don't use the substitution. Just manually type in the alias in the text box for the plan.

Good point! Thanks Krileon to point that out. As I use multi-languages, I'll try to enter my custom string that will then define in the language files. Hopefully it'll be correctly replaced.

There appears to be no bug.

I'm not sure I agree with that. There appears to be 2 in my opinion:

1. [ITEM_ALIAS] does not work in the "Payment item text" and the documentation says it should.
Isn't this a bug?

2. [ITEM_ALIAS] is supposed to be supported in the "Payment processor item text (short)". But we can't use that field with Paypal. And the "Global Settings -> Display -> Baskets -> Payment basket item text" doesn't support [ITEM_ALIAS]. It does support [ITEM_ALIASES] but that doesn't seem to send the Alias but the Name.
How is this not a bug?
Or can we then openly state that we can send the Alias to other payment gateways EXCEPT for Paypal?

Thanks again for your prompt replies,

Carlos
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn