[SOLVED] button doesn't do anything

13 years 11 months ago #133820 by alextsol
[SOLVED] button doesn't do anything was created by alextsol
Hi,
I installed facebook connect plugin a long time ago and it worked.
I updated it and it still worked.
Today i found that it is not working.
I click it and it doesn't do anything!

I need your help.:unsure:
The site is vraviation.net

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/14 21:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133895 by krileon
alextsol wrote:

Hi,
I installed facebook connect plugin a long time ago and it worked.
I updated it and it still worked.
Today i found that it is not working.
I click it and it doesn't do anything!

I need your help.:unsure:
The site is vraviation.net

More then likely is Facebooks servers and their constant API changes. We're continually on the lookout for sudden changes, but they've recently upgraded to an "OpenGraph" API which we're working to accommodate in a future release.

Please also review your browsers error console and confirm if any JS errors are present as the buttons are JS based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134853 by alextsol
Replied by alextsol on topic Re:Facebook Connect button doesn't do anything
Hi,
Now the button responds, but when i click it it says:
You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability.

13 years 10 months ago #134947 by krileon
alextsol wrote:

Hi,
Now the button responds, but when i click it it says:
You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability.

Is this while logged in or while not logged in? What have you set newly registered users to be a group of (see Joomla Global Configuration)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136106 by alextsol
Replied by alextsol on topic Re:Facebook Connect button doesn't do anything
It happens when not logged in.

What have you set newly registered users to be a group of (see Joomla Global Configuration)?

Where can i find it exactly?
Thanks!

13 years 10 months ago #136177 by krileon

Where can i find it exactly?

Joomla Backend > Site > Global Configuration > System > New User Registration Type

The button does not appear to work however which is likely due to a conflict. I recommend setting debug mode on and error reporting to maximum within Joomla Global Configuration and reviewing your site for any errors, whether PHP or JS based if any Fatal will stop the plugin from working.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn