CB facebook connect problem

13 years 10 months ago #136653 by sk1nlimited
CB facebook connect problem was created by sk1nlimited
Hi,

I have CB 1.2.2 and CB Facebook Connect 1.0: A installed.

it use to import the users avatar from facebook when they linked their accounts but this is no longer happening

Any ideas ???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB facebook connect problem
Please check your FBC plugin configuration to ensure you've set Avatars to synchronize. Could you please also better explain what is happening? New users created with no Avatars? Did they have one to begin with? Existing users uploading an avatar and their FB avatar isn't re-syncing? Has the cache time been met for those users to allow syncing of their avatar?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136689 by sk1nlimited
Replied by sk1nlimited on topic Re:CB facebook connect problem
I have all the settings setup correctly, It has just stoped working.

The API connects no problems and it says connected.

It is just not updating the users avatar. New or Old.

It use to import information from facebook as well, but that no longer happens ?

the cache times are as follows
Data: 60
Online: 60
Offline: 1440

any ideas??

13 years 10 months ago #136748 by krileon

It use to import information from facebook as well, but that no longer happens ?

This was only the case for first release of FBC, this was removed from privacy reasons due to Facebooks API not adhering to users privacy controls. Only First and Last Name, Email, Avatar, and Facebook ID will synchronize.

the cache times are as follows

After an hour has passed try to login again and see if your Avatar has been synchronized. If not please review the Cache folder and check your cached XML file to ensure your users cache is successful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136764 by sk1nlimited
Replied by sk1nlimited on topic Re:CB facebook connect problem
Have purged and cleaned cache makes no difference??

Just does not appear to be working any othe ideas.

I gave also ran all the tools in CB. to sync, check database as so forth and everything is fine.

I subscribed to have the facebook sign in but is not working so I am a bit lost on how to fix it.

what would be the easiest way to check the XML cache file for users?

13 years 10 months ago #136808 by krileon
Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn