Official CB Public Mail thread

6 years 4 months ago #299530 by trevor.bennett
The extension's website states that a new version 1.3 ready for download within a few days "as soon as it has been approved" but :.... the download link redirects to joomlapolis.com/addons
- I find now that extensions.joomla.org forum has a post that include a download link for version 1.4, and wonder whether this approved by joomlapolis and is safe to use ?
Thanks

Trevor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299585 by krileon
CB has built in public mail form functionality. You can enable it within CB > Configuration > General by setting "Email Handling" to "Display Link to Email Form" and "Public Email Form" to "Yes". You do not need a plugin for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299601 by Kampp

krileon wrote: CB has built in public mail form functionality. You can enable it within CB > Configuration > General by setting "Email Handling" to "Display Link to Email Form" and "Public Email Form" to "Yes". You do not need a plugin for this.

It has a small (non important) part of it, but NOT the most important parts of my plugin. It is the reason it still lives!

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

6 years 4 months ago #299602 by Kampp

trevor.bennett wrote: The extension's website states that a new version 1.3 ready for download within a few days "as soon as it has been approved" but :.... the download link redirects to joomlapolis.com/addons
- I find now that extensions.joomla.org forum has a post that include a download link for version 1.4, and wonder whether this approved by joomlapolis and is safe to use ?
Thanks

Trevor

Everyone has been using 1.4 for a long time. I don't know where the download on this website that I was relying on has gone to and have not been told by the admins. So best is to download the version in the forum threads here and on Joomla.org forum.

I have not tested CB Public mail on the newest CB platform /version but see no reason why it should not still work. Please test and report back.

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

6 years 4 months ago #299603 by Sven

Kampp wrote: I have not tested CB Public mail on the newest CB platform /version but see no reason why it should not still work. Please test and report back.

I've been using Kampp's plugin for several years and it does exactly what I want, shows up in a separate tab in Users profle to the public, without disclosing the emailaddress.

1.4 is not fully compatible with CB 2 and throw some warnings in the log and in CB, but works.

If you had a chance to sanitize the code for the latest framework it would be very appreciated.
 PHP Warning:  Declaration of getPublicMailTab::getDisplayTab($tab, $user) should be compatible with cbTabHandler::getDisplayTab($tab, $user, $ui) in /var/www/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpublicmail/publicmail.php on line 0

Cheers,
Sven

6 years 4 months ago #299619 by krileon

Kampp wrote: I don't know where the download on this website that I was relying on has gone to and have not been told by the admins.

Probably was in our old hosted directory. We do not provide a directory for users to upload plugins anymore with launch of our new site. Recommend just attaching to the first post whenever a release needs to be made or self hosting. We may consider hosting a directory again in the future, but at this time there are no plans to (had too many issues with abandonware and people expecting us to support 3rd party plugins on it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn