[SOLVED] "select from" in intro text causes HTTP406 error

13 years 7 months ago #143936 by jhaines
This is the only error that gets reported in the site log when I click "save" on the CB configuration back-end after making the changes described previously.

[Tue Oct 12 20:53:14 2010] [error] [client <ip address>] File does not exist: <path>/public_html/406.shtml, referer: http://<site>/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showconfig

There's no evidence of a mod_security error, or any other related to this action for that matter.

Julian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #143967 by krileon
All research have done and evidence found results in that being something your host has blocked with mod_security. It's very likely they do not show you security log errors. Please contact your host and inform them of the issue. If your host allows it and if you're comfortable with it you can disable mod_security by adding the following to your .htaccess file. Please note if the below does work you will lose all benefits of mod_security!

[code:1]
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
</IfModule>
[/code:1]

This will disable it ENTIRELY. If you just want to stop POSTs from being scanned you can use the below.

[code:1]
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
[/code:1]

The above will allow you to still have some protection except on POST requests, which I believe will fix your save issue. You should try this first before disabling it entirely

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/13 19:30

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #144016 by jhaines
Absolutely right, thanks! mod_security was indeed causing the problem, now solved directly through my ISP. Unfortunately the .htaccess method proposed also didn't work for me, presumably prohibited by the ISP.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Julian

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn