#2926 user has no published articles"/profile tab

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #180363 by gorgonzatronis
Greetings-

I'm getting "This user has no published articles." under the user profile tab unless users are logged in -- even though the following conditions are met:

-permissions are set to "Everybody" in the CB Tab Manager
-The article is published and set to "Public"
-The "content author" plugin is published and set to "Public"
-The article category is set to "Public"
-User is an "Author"

Can I get the list to show to the general (not registered) public? Of course I searched the forums and the almighty Google to no avail. Thank you in advance for any direction.

BTW. I'm using Joomla 1.7.2 with CB 1.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #180369 by nant

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #180415 by gorgonzatronis
Replied by gorgonzatronis on topic Re: #2926 user has no published articles"/profile tab
UPDATE: The issue was resolved. Much appreciated. The issue ticket is here: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2752

To make things easy for others with the same problem:

Here are the patches:
-http://forge.joomlapolis.com/attachments/1394/cb.tables.patch
-http://forge.joomlapolis.com/attachments/1395/plugin.foundation.patch

Simply replace the pink code with the green code in the appropriate places. It is only four or five changes, piece of cake.

Thank you to developers.

12 years 2 months ago #190969 by duviii
Using 1.8 RC on Joomla 1.7.5 this is an issue again.
Everything is set for public view, however, the articles tab shows the article list only if the viewer is logged in. Guests can not see the article list in the profile (although the tab is visible, it just says "This user has no published articles.").

12 years 2 months ago #191116 by jamief
Same problem. Using CB1.8 on Joomla 2.5

Cannot get the articles to show, even after making the edits suggested above to two files.

12 years 2 months ago #191983 by krileon
It's a regression that slipped past review and no one caught during testing, sorry. Below is a bug ticket detailing the bug as well as a patch to fix it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3300

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn