Registration emails aren't displayed correctly for the user

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #282270 by sekelfek
When set: HTML YES -> Username (forgot) Notification Email haven't line breaks. Because, Username (forgot) Notification Email-Text has "\n" in the language.php and the text is writing in one row.

When set: HTML NO -> don't use "\n" and/or "\r" in the Formfield for Registrations and Welcome Email in the Admin Area Backend. There are write the "n" in the Email.

A solution for a Update-Fix:
Replace all "\n" and "\r" and "\r\n" in the language.php with normal Escape Key row.

Example:

with "\n":
'UE_USERNAMEREMINDER_MSG'	=>	'Hello,\nA username reminder has been requested for your %s account.\n\nYour username is: %s\n\nTo log in to your account, click on the link below:\n%s\n\nThank you.\n',

without "\n":
'UE_USERNAMEREMINDER_MSG'	=>	'Hello,
A username reminder has been requested for your %s account.

Your username is: %s

To log in to your account, click on the link below:
%s

Thank you.
',

PS: OFFTOPIC
For the [ code ]-window in this forum is the CSS class not set. The window is to large in width.
set it:

.highlight {
width: 94%;
}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #282299 by nant
Correct, the default language strings are configured for the default setting of non HTML emails.

7 years 9 months ago #282307 by sekelfek
Important Hint:
In plain-text emails put this info inside bottom to links/urls:
"Click this link or copy the URL in your browser."

This is for webmail users.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298417 by damurphy
Joomapolis needs to fix this. How many modern email software packages do NOT have HTML? NONE. Assume all users will have HTML and format all messages accordingly. Currently,

Registration Email HTML -> NO works
Registration Email HTML -> YES does not work.

This means that all email software packages which support HTML will not work when Registration Email is set to YES. Catch 22!

6 years 5 months ago #298427 by krileon
Known issue as per the below ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5434

You can workaround it simply by overriding the language string with HTML as per our override usage below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

As for the UE_USERNAMEREMINDER_MSG email showing "n" it's due to the language string using single quotes instead of double quotes. Have added a bug ticket to review further as it'd be an issue with our language parser using the wrong quotes for such strings.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6830

This issue also appears present for UE_NEWPASS_MSG. None of the other emails appear to have this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn