strange registration id disapears

3 years 10 months ago #318697 by Jimmm
strange registration id disapears was created by Jimmm
strange registration id disapears

Some users are registered with id number added to them and other without why it is happening?

One user registered with just name boby but other user registered with id and name for example 500-antony

cb 2.4.5+build.2020.05.07.21.35.06.e8f8a6125

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318698 by Jimmm
Replied by Jimmm on topic strange registration id disapears
is there a way to fix it and add id to all usernames?

3 years 10 months ago #318710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic strange registration id disapears
Use the Profile URL (alias) field so they can provide a URL safe profile URL. If the alias field isn't used the username is ran through Joomlas alias function and if the result doesn't match their username exactly their user id will be prefixed otherwise we've no way to safely reverse the alias to find out what profile you're even trying to reach. If the username can be safely reversed we don't add the id as it's not necessary. In short it's working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318721 by Jimmm
Replied by Jimmm on topic strange registration id disapears
is there a way to force to add id to usernames automaticaly?

the situation now is that some users have id some no id its random, we want all users get id automaticaly be default.

Now user 500-antony complains that he has id to his username. How to automaticaly add id to username boby and all others like him and new ones?

3 years 10 months ago #318732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic strange registration id disapears

is there a way to force to add id to usernames automaticaly?

No.

the situation now is that some users have id some no id its random, we want all users get id automaticaly be default.

There's no functionality for that. It will always prioritize a better SEF URL, which is one without an id. For best SEF URLs use the Profile URL (alias) field.

Now user 500-antony complains that he has id to his username. How to automaticaly add id to username boby and all others like him and new ones?

You can't.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn