Form dosn't transmit all form fields

3 years 3 months ago #322857 by fschwend
Form dosn't transmit all form fields was created by fschwend
When submitting the form, only the email address and user name are transmitted - not the rest of the form fields.
Where can i customize that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322873 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Form dosn't transmit all form fields
You mean your other registration fields aren't saving? Are you correctly using CBs registration page and not some other extensions or Joomlas? or are you just wanting to add more fields? If you just want to add more fields please download and read the CB Primer Book below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322876 by fschwend
Replied by fschwend on topic Form dosn't transmit all form fields
I use the CB registration page. The different fields are defined in CB. As a registration email I only get: "A new user has registered", then the name of the user, email of the user and user name, but not address, phone, hobby, etc ...

3 years 2 months ago #322877 by krileon
Use a language override to adjust the email sent to moderators for new registrations. See the below on how to use language overrides.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

You can use substitutions to add more fields. See the below on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322878 by fschwend
Replied by fschwend on topic Form dosn't transmit all form fields
I can define the text of the e-mail for the pending confirmation and the text of the welcome e-mail for the new user with all fields. Where can I define the text that the moderator receives as an email?

3 years 2 months ago #322881 by krileon
The moderator email is just a language string. You need to use language overrides to change it as suggested in my previous reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.968 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn