Updating CB and plugins with package

2 years 9 months ago #325341 by silverman1
Updating CB and plugins with package was created by silverman1
I know that CB plugins should be installed thru CB plugin management. But is that also the case if I have a package file that also contains the latest CB, together with three plugins. I am asking because yesterday I got install errors when installing the updates. I have never had any problems when updating CB previously.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating CB and plugins with package
What install errors did you get? Installing manually or through install from web is fine. The package installer also works if installed through Joomlas extension manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325358 by silverman1
Replied by silverman1 on topic Updating CB and plugins with package
Not sure what the error was. I think one of the of the installations worked. On the others it only said "Install error" with a red text. I did not see any error message or other information. Is it safe to redo the installation again to see if I get the same results? Then I can look and see what errors I get.

2 years 9 months ago #325364 by krileon
Yes, it's safe to install CB over the top of itself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325373 by silverman1
Replied by silverman1 on topic Updating CB and plugins with package
These are the errors I got the second time I tried:

CB Privacy - Community Builder Plugin
CB Gallery - Community Builder Plugin
Only says "Failed".

CB Activity - Community Builder Plugin
CB Activity - Joomla Module
CB Gallery - Joomla Module
Content - CB Activity - Joomla Plugin
Install message: "500 - Internal server error":

Community Builder Package - Joomla Package
Install message: 0 -

Content - CB Gallery - Joomla Plugin
Installed with no error

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I have a fairly strict htaccess that I have created through Admin tools. So I replaced this with the original Joomla htaccess, and tried again. Then all plugins above got installed successfully... except the Community Builder Package - Joomla Package, this one still fails with error message: 0 -

2 years 9 months ago #325388 by krileon
Download CB manually from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Unzip it and install CB from /extensions/packages through Joomlas extension manager and see what error outputs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn