Registration not working

3 months 1 week ago #336660 by jwarcher
Registration not working was created by jwarcher
Hello, I'm having an issue with registration not working. When filling out the form and submitting, the screen just refreshes. It doesn't show the confirmation screen, and nothing happens on the back end (no new user in the system).

"beat" suggested in the other thread that I turn on debug for the site. Regular pages are fine, but I'm getting these errors on the registration screen:

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Joomla\CMS\User\User::$aid is deprecated in /home/*website_name*/libraries/src/User/User.php on line 255

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Joomla\CMS\Table\User::$id is deprecated in /home/*website_name*/libraries/src/Table/Table.php on line 189

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Joomla\CMS\Object\CMSObject::$filter.assigned_cat_ids is deprecated in /home/*website_name*/libraries/src/Object/CMSObject.php on line 197

I'm currently using Joomla 3.10.12, PHP 8.2.12 and CB 2.9.1. Appreciate any help, thanks! 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration not working

Joomla 3.10.12, PHP 8.2.12

Stop trying to use PHP 8 with Joomla 3. You're going to get bombarded with deprecation notices, which is what those are above. I do not recommend using anything higher than PHP 7.4 with Joomla 3 and I highly recommend working towards moving to Joomla 4 as soon as possible. Additionally those notices are coming from core Joomla and not CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 1 week ago #336667 by jwarcher
Replied by jwarcher on topic Registration not working
Okay, thanks! I reverted to PHP 7.4, which got rid of the deprecation errors. 

However, my registration page is still not working. It just refreshes when a registration is submitted and nothing happens on the back end. 

3 months 1 week ago #336671 by krileon
Try with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled and see if it outputs any errors. If it's not then you've something redirecting away from CBs registration or interrupting the registration. Often caused by a 3rd party CB plugin or 3rd party Joomla User plugin. Check within Extensions > Plugins to see if you've any 3rd party plugins of type User and try disabling them. If you've any 3rd party plugins in CB > Plugin Management try also disabling those. If issue still persists just turning Joomla SEO URLs off and retry as maybe there's a problem with your SEO URLs not reaching the correct location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 1 week ago #336682 by jwarcher
Replied by jwarcher on topic Registration not working
Here are the "user" plugins in Joomla and all the CB plugins. Is there anything there? 

Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago #336684 by krileon
It's possible the failed install attempts from your previous support topic left you with an incomplete install. CB Package Installer existing is more or less proof of that (please delete that from CB > Plugin Management). Try installing latest CB build release over the top of CB and running the database checks in CB > Tools.

At this point I don't know what more to suggest, sorry. We'd normally do an install review, but we do not provide those for free users unless we suspect a bug that needs investigating, but I do not suspect one. It's likely still configuration or conflict related. It's possible it's even sever configuration related.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn