Error

Please login first

Username/password reminder dropdown not display XP

13 years 4 months ago #149593 by blackhawkcurling
Username/password reminder dropdown not display XP was created by blackhawkcurling
Perhaps this issue is posted somewhere else. Please direct if so.
Using the CB login, upon selecting "Forgot Login", The url */signup/lostpassword comes up. When selecting, lost password or lost username, a dropdown appears. This works in Firefox, Safari and EI8 in Vista, but it will not appear in XP EI8. Any thoughts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149606 by krileon
Operating system has nothing to do with it. It's likely on your XP system you've disabled JS within your browser. Javascript is not operating system dependent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149653 by blackhawkcurling
Replied by blackhawkcurling on topic Re:Username/password reminder dropdown not display XP
Correct about OS. I did make a mistake about the IE version. IE7 allows for the script dropdown. IE8 does not. All scripting is enabled. I tested IE7 and then upgraded to IE8. It was at this point the dropdowns stopped working. I am getting a number of complaints from users about this issue with IE8.

Ken

13 years 4 months ago #149666 by krileon
blackhawkcurling wrote:

Correct about OS. I did make a mistake about the IE version. IE7 allows for the script dropdown. IE8 does not. All scripting is enabled. I tested IE7 and then upgraded to IE8. It was at this point the dropdowns stopped working. I am getting a number of complaints from users about this issue with IE8.

Ken

Could not confirm this on latest IE8. Are you yourself able to confirm this or only a minority of your users? More then likely you have some sort of JS conflict on your site OR you have something install that does not have JS which is compatible with IE8 (would cause a Fatal JS error preventing CBs JS from working). I would review CB plugins, Joomla system plugins, and modules (run your tests using Default Joomla template).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159715 by rakeshjuneja
Hi,
I am also experiencing the same issue, The forgot login drop down works fine in Mozilla and Chrome but mot in I.E 8.
Although i must point out i recently canged my template to Rocket theme. Rocket theme forum advised me to check and disable any conflicting Modules or plugins, I disabled every installed plugin and module one by one but the problem remained and then they advised me to contact CB forum.
Joomla version: 1.5
CB: 1.4
Kindly Help.

13 years 1 month ago #160068 by bruno05
I have this same problem and have posted this in another topic today. I too am using a Rocket Theme template and same problem with IE8. Firefox, Safari, Chrome work fine. Default Joomla templates work fine in IE and other browsers as well.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn