Reg. Form - Spacing between field title & field?

13 years 3 months ago #150695 by dupree1015
Hi,

I'm trying to put some spacing on the registration form between the field title and the filed itself. Currently everything looks squished together and makes the form lengthy since I have a few fields with a lot of verbiage before the text box. I'm trying to modify this in the CSS:

table#registrationTable

but I'm not sure what to add to provide the spacing that I need since I'm not a coding expert yet. If someone could provide this to me I would greatly appreciate it. Attached is a pic so that someone can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks so much. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150773 by krileon
You'd need to just add a padding to the title. Please see the below CSS. You'll need to use either/or depending on if you're displaying with tables or with divs.

Tables:
#registrationTable .titleCell {
 padding-right: 20px;
}

Adjust the padding as necessary to fit your needs. This is still limited to the space provided by your templates content pane.

Divs:
form.cb_form .cb_form_line label,
.cb_tab_content .cb_form_line label {
 width: 28% !important;
}

form.cb_form .cb_form_line .cb_field,
.cb_tab_content .cb_form_line .cb_field {
 width: 70% !important;
}

Adjust the widths as necessary. Please note without the !important tag you won't be overriding the CSS and would need to edit the templates CSS file directly to change the widths.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150821 by dupree1015
Thank you so much again for your assistance. I've managed to move the cells over and now was wondering how I can get the text to be on one line instead of two? (pic. attached)

Sorry for all the ?'s. I can't tell you how much you guys are helping me and how much I appreciate it.
Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #150921 by krileon
You'd need to probably make the label larger then 28%. I can't comment any further without a direct link to the issue as CSS is done on a site by site basis. You can find more on CSS usage at the following link.

www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn