Issues at Plugin installation

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150728 by duportde
Issues at Plugin installation was created by duportde
Hi !

First of all, thanks for this great component !
I just bought the Advanced Subscription in order to use all Add-ons and beneficiate of good Support.

I have some issues with CB 1.3.1.
It is impossible to install a Plugin by uploading a zip archive...
The error returned is :
ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
Installation file not found:
/home/chapitre/public_html/tmp/install_4d2d7f91d230a/

When I install some plugins directly from a directory after uploading it by FTP, it resolves the problem for some plugins, but others continue to give error, like this on :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:1096 Stack trace: #0 /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(1096): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(1114): cbInstallerPlugin->getXml('521') #2 /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(1897): cbInstallerPlugin->checkDatabase('521', false) #3 /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(258): checkcbdb(1) #4 /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(104): require_once('/home/chapitre/...') #5 /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(217): _CBloadCon in /home/chapitre/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 1096

I run the Plugin verification tool, and it returned these errors :

CB plugin "Géolocalisation": aucune base de données ou pas de description de base de données.
CB plugin "AcyMailing CB Plugin": aucune base de données ou pas de description de base de données.
CB plugin "CB Profile Notifier": aucune base de données ou pas de description de base de données.

Please help me to fix all these bugs...
Thanks in advance !
Your
Etienne

PS : Joomla Configuration :
Joomla Version : Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable
PHP Version : 5.2.13
Hoster : Linux un.hebergement.pro 2.6.30.7 #1 SMP Sun Oct 11 20:18:51 EDT 2009 i686
Version de la base de données: 5.0.91-community
Collation de la base de données : utf8_general_ci

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150751 by rebreanu
Replied by rebreanu on topic Re: Issues at Plugin installation
"Hy. I just downloaded CB plugins and when I try to install them, most of them have only this output "Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package." . Am I doing something wrong or what?

Thank you."
Sorry guys, my mistake. :silly:
I must install them through CB install, not joomla install. But I'm learning fast :)

13 years 3 months ago #150752 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: Issues at Plugin installation

rebreanu wrote: Hy. I just downloaded CB plugins and when I try to install them, most of them have only this output "Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package." . Am I doing something wrong or what?

Thank you.

Please make sure to install CB Plugins via the CB plugin manager in the backend (Components - Community Builder - Plugin management).

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebreanu

13 years 3 months ago #150790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issues at Plugin installation

CB plugin "Géolocalisation": aucune base de données ou pas de description de base de données.
CB plugin "AcyMailing CB Plugin": aucune base de données ou pas de description de base de données.
CB plugin "CB Profile Notifier": aucune base de données ou pas de description de base de données.

Just means there is no database for those plugins, nothing to worry about.

What plugins are you attempting to install? Are you on MACOSX and have downloaded the plugins? Please ensure you're using latest release of plugins you're attempting to install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150869 by duportde
Replied by duportde on topic Re: Issues at Plugin installation

krileon wrote: Just means there is no database for those plugins, nothing to worry about.

OK, thank you for the explanation !

krileon wrote: What plugins are you attempting to install? Are you on MACOSX and have downloaded the plugins? Please ensure you're using latest release of plugins you're attempting to install.

For example, I tried to install the plugin plug_cbprivacy_1_3.zip, a paied add-on released by the Community Builder team...
So I don't think that it is due to a wong release or version of the plugin.
On my host, the Safe Mode is on... Could it cause such errore ?

Thank you in advance !

13 years 3 months ago #150917 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issues at Plugin installation

On my host, the Safe Mode is on... Could it cause such errore ?

Possible, ask your host to set safe mode to Off and attempt to install through CB plugin management (not through Joomla extension manager).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn