Changing edit Password fields layout and value

4 years 5 months ago #315116 by edge33
Hi there, is there any way to change the layout of the password edit field and the values of the label ?

looking at the attached picture I would like to change the value of "Password" to "Nuova Password"
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315119 by krileon
You can't change the layout, but the labels you can. The labels are parameters within the password field and are also language strings so you could use language overrides to change them as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago #317644 by edge33
Hi Krileon, thank you for the support,

Can I have let's say some label in the registration form for this field like "Password" and "New Password" when using editing form?
I tried to duplicate the field, but I cannot duplicate edit fields

4 years 1 week ago #317648 by krileon
You can condition field titles based off location, yes. This is done using an IF substitution. Example as follows.

Field Title: [cb:if reason="register"]Password[cb:else]New Password[/cb:else][/cb:if]

See the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

The usage of "reason" is available for field title and description. Its supported values are in the field descriptions parameter description.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn