Need to have username only in URL and mobile responsive issue

2 years 1 month ago #328704 by plouca
Dear sir or madam,

we need to have the profile's URL with username suffixed only, but instead the URL is displayed in the following format:

../cb-profile/3600-username_displayed_here-ucy-ac-cy

preferable the following format:

../cb-profile/username_displayed_here

How can this be fixed?

Also, the profile page is displayed normally in desktop but not on mobile devices (use of portrait and "Contact Info" tab positioned in the left side of middle area and 2 custom tabs in the middle area, latter displaying user profile information), can I have some instructions on how to control the column width for responsive issues? We use Joomla 4 with Cassiopeia template and need main left, main and main right column widths.

Thank you,

Petros Louca
University of Cyprus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328714 by krileon
Use the "Your Profile URL" field to custom the profile URLs. User id is added when Joomla's URL alias function determines that the username is not URL safe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328717 by plouca
Thank you for your prompt response, how can I exactly achieve this? Is it somewhere documented online?

I mean, where can I find the "Your Profile URL" field setting in CB? I searched in CB's configuration but I was unsuccessful.

Thank you,

Petros

2 years 1 month ago #328720 by plouca
Hello, I found the "alias" field in CB Fields with title "Your Profile URL", could you please guide me on what exactly I should set in order that the public profile view URL has only the username suffix, i.e.

../cb-profile/petros

Thanks again,

Petros Louca

2 years 1 month ago #328721 by plouca
Dear Krileon,

alternatively, if only User ID is shown that would also be satisfactory.

Thanks again for your help,

Petros

2 years 1 month ago #328730 by krileon
Edit the Profile URL field from frontend or backend profile edit and add a profile alias there. That's the only way to customize the URLs. For SEO to work we need to be able to reverse the value so we can actually find a profile. If the username can't be reversed to match a user we have to prefix the user id. There is no getting rid of this behavior. You can only customize that URL by using the Profile URL field and nothing more. If you want to set the Profile URL automatically and programmatically you'll have to use CB Auto Actions to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn