Greeting only in black not readable on dark background

1 year 10 months ago #329776 by ch01
Hi
The Greeting text next to log out button appear in black
I have the button placed in menu line on dark background, the Button text is in white, but greeting text do appear in black. Where to change this ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329780 by krileon
CB uses Bootstrap 4 for all of its styling. If you're using a Bootstrap 4 Joomla template turn off CBs Bootstrap in CB > Configuration > Integrations and it should style to match your template. Alternative is you'll need to write your own CSS to restyle CB and recolor things. You can add CSS overrides to CB easily using the below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Another alternative is CB Template Change. It includes a template builder where you can easily re-color CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ch01

1 year 10 months ago #329781 by ch01
Hi thanks for the info

Think Joomla 4 (4.1.5) now running bootstrap 5, sing Cassiopeia
Even without CB (Twitter Bootstrap) activated, still the same, the Show greeting do not adapt to background, it's kept in black.

Wanted a lean top, having the logout button side by side to horizontal Menu and at side of button the Hi xxxx
anyway
I had a Topbar with logo / name adn instead added the user formatted here with a PHP in a module using Sourcere

1 year 10 months ago #329782 by krileon
Since you're on Joomla 4 you won't be able to turn off CBs Bootstrap as there's backwards compatibility issues between B4 and B5. Your only option is to restyle it yourself using CSS overrides as explained above or use CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature to generate a custom colored template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ch01

1 year 10 months ago #329784 by ch01
Hi

Well, tried both, with CB twitter bootstrap on/off, don't seem to be much difference. And yes I realize I have to do some my self. Hope the Community Builder will be up to compatibility with Bootstrap 5, as it do not seem to go any other way...

Annyway thanks a lot for your comments, appreciated

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn