php 8.0.26 upgrade

1 year 4 months ago #331914 by PHRF
php 8.0.26 upgrade was created by PHRF
Hi,
I have a problem when I update my php from 7.4.33 to 8.0.26.
I cannot access the Community Builder Configuration.
I get: 0 count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given

What could be causing the problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic php 8.0.26 upgrade
Ensure you're using latest CB build release which has the most recent fixes. You also need to provide the full callstack trace for the error for me to see where it's coming from. You can see the callstack trace in server error log or ensuring Joomla debug mode is enabled with maximum error reporting enabled.

If you're on Joomla 3 do not update to PHP 8. You'll just get errors. Full PHP 8 support does not exist in Joomla 3. Stay on PHP 7.4 or prepare to move to Joomla 4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331941 by PHRF
Replied by PHRF on topic php 8.0.26 upgrade
Hi and thanks for replying.
I did do the updates to Community Builder and everything is running except for the error when I go into Configuration.
I upgraded PHP because I was getting a notice from Joomla to upgrade, but I guess I can reset it back to 7.4.33.

I cannot move to Joomla 4 as I use Fabrik extensively and it is not Joomla 4 ready.

Thanks for your guidance, much appreciated.

1 year 4 months ago #331943 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic php 8.0.26 upgrade

I did do the updates to Community Builder and everything is running except for the error when I go into Configuration.

Check your server error log and provide the full callstack trace for that error. Without the trace I've no idea where in the code that error is coming from. Am not seeing any errors on PHP 8 in CB configuration in my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds