CB may have a language switching bug in Joomla 4

1 year 1 month ago #333163 by krileon
Ok, the collation fixes have now been implemented in latest CB build release.

For new installs _comprofiler will match its collation to _users. All other core CB tables will match their collation to _comprofiler. Plugins initial collation will match _comprofiler.

For existing installs within CB > Tools running "Check Community Builder Database" will scan for collation issues which you can then use the button it provides to fix. Note this only checks TABLE collation. It's too heavy to check collation of every column of every table so if you've a correct table collation, but wrong column collation you'll need to fix that one manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333164 by 4creator
Sounds good!
As I mentioned before I myself can modify the database query order on phpMyAdmin and it is fine. I hope this will not be a problem for new users when they install CB in the future.
If I have the opportunity to do another new install of CB and see any problems, I will report back.

Have a nice day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn