Placeholder password not working

1 year 1 month ago #333211 by mapache64
Placeholder password not working was created by mapache64
Hi,

I want to use the placeholder [password] in a mass mail. But it is not working. Only the placeholder is being seen, not the password itself.
If I use [DETAILS] the password ist sent crypted as hash.

Any idea what to do?

regards
Mapache

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Placeholder password not working
We don't store plaintext passwords so the only time password can be sent is when it is in plaintext and that is during registration, during login, and after they update their profile and only if they changed their password. During those processes it is plaintext in memory before encoded for storage so it can be used in emails. After those processes it is impossible to get the password in plaintext and email it.

In short you cannot substitute password into mass mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn