Assist with jDownloads Plugin for Joomla 4

1 year 3 weeks ago #333412 by ColinM2
Hi
I am user ColinM2 and one of the jDownloads developers. We have a CB Plugin for jDownloads that was originally written by Krileon for jDownloads 3.2.  It was then adapted for jD 3.9 with your assistance.  Would it be possible to do the same for jD 4 please.
Thanks Colin
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago #333419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Assist with jDownloads Plugin for Joomla 4
Our core plugin API hasn't changed. What about is isn't working? If it's jDownloads API that was changed then as the developer of jDownloads update your own API usage in it as needed. Most, if not all, jDownloads specific API appears to be in the models/model.php file.

I don't recall making this. It looks like someone just modified CB Articles into this plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 weeks ago #333467 by ColinM2
Replied by ColinM2 on topic Assist with jDownloads Plugin for Joomla 4
Hi
Maybe you misunderstood my message.You did write the original version of the CB jDownloads Plugin but it was several years ago when  we were at jDownloads 3.2 and again more recently, say 3 years ago, with jD 3.6.9!   We are not ourselves CB experts!!
Any advice you could offer would be appreciated - also by those users who use both CB and jDownloads.  The article I wrote  on using the plugin has been read nearly 3000 times - so I guess there must be several hundred sites who use both applications.

Colin

1 year 2 weeks ago #333472 by krileon
I don't see why the plugin you provided above wouldn't work on CB as it's just a copy of CB Articles. There's nothing in it CB wise that wouldn't work as all the CB API in it still functions.

What about it isn't working? It sounds like you released jDownloads 4 and it stopped working. So you need to update the jDownloads API in it from the sounds of it; all of which is in the models/model.php file.

I'm sorry I don't have time to write and maintain plugins for every 3rd party extension. I'm more than happy to assist with any CB API questions you may have if the CB portion of the plugin is not functioning, but at quick glance I don't see any issues with the CB code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 weeks ago #333484 by ColinM2
Replied by ColinM2 on topic Assist with jDownloads Plugin for Joomla 4
Hi
I understand that you are very busy at this time.
Presently we have made some changes for Joomla! 4 and the result broiadly works with a few glitches but no system errors!
Basically we need to get the fine detail.
As it was based on the Article Plugin would it be possible to make that plugin available to us please so we can compare any differences or parts we have erronously omitted.
Thanks for your attenion

Colin

1 year 2 weeks ago #333486 by krileon
Make what available to you? CB Articles? That's included for free with CB. We don't have a jDownloads integration nor do we have plans for one. We also provide our own downloads manager CB Package Builder.

If you've made changes to your API then update your API in the plugin as you should be familiar with your own API (again, it's all contained in /models/model.php file). The CB parts in the plugin are still valid and functional. You're still not being specific regarding what the problem actually is with your current integration so I've no idea what to suggest to help you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn