how to show tab menu in the top of content of that tab?

7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #335034 by saman2
hi
i want show tab title on top of the tap content too,  you can see in the attached picture.how to do that?

i use :
[cb:if reason="profile"]testtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt[/cb:if]
in the description of tab but it can not show in the demo tab.

UX note: in your demosite when user select each tab menu, user can not see good highlighted tab which selected now.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 months 2 weeks ago #335035 by krileon
Those labels on the demo site are just Custom HTML fields with CSS applied to them. Specifically the below.
.cb_template .form-group-section .col-form-label {
    display: block;
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    margin-bottom: 1rem;
    background-color: var(--light, #f8f9fa);
    text-align: center;
}

The Custom HTML field has its CSS Class parameter set to form-group-section. You can also just use a Custom HTML field and add whatever HTML you want for headers.

UX note: in your demosite when user select each tab menu, user can not see good highlighted tab which selected now.

That's how Bootstrap 4 styles it. Feel free to restyle it however you like. We'll be replacing Bootstrap with TailwindCSS in CB 3.x and address the UX concerns that Bootstrap causes with custom HTML components to replace all of this. An "active" CSS class is added to the active menu item so you can use that to add a background, border, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saman2

7 months 2 weeks ago #335046 by saman2
Add custom html field is a good suggestion in the second step. For the first try, is it possible use tab description field which I use cb substitution?

7 months 2 weeks ago #335048 by krileon
There's no substitution for getting a tabs description if that's what you're asking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 2 weeks ago #335050 by saman2
But I can get that in the edit page of profile via:

[cb:if reason="edit"]testtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt[/cb:if]
But I can not get description in the profile via :

[cb:if reason="profile"]testtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt[/cb:if]
Is it cb logic? Or maybe I do something wrong?

7 months 2 weeks ago #335065 by krileon
Tab descriptions don't display in profile view. They display in profile edit and registration. Some plugins that have no profile edit will display their descriptions in profile view though. It's best to just use a Custom HTML field. Custom HTML fields have no _comprofiler storage so in other words you can have unlimited amount of Custom HTML fields so feel free to make as many as you need.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: saman2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn