Change the order of Toolbar Login items

7 months 1 week ago #335209 by Kontrive
Change the order of Toolbar Login items was created by Kontrive
In much the same way as the Joomlapolis site, my login is on the top toolbar, with the "sign up" button on the right. Where do I need to edit things in order to move it to the left in the order of things? Thanks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #335210 by Kontrive
Replied by Kontrive on topic Change the order of Toolbar Login items
Ok, I managed to do it. I am using the Default-Horizontal layout. I took the default-horizontal.php and got ChatGPT to change the order of the items, making the registration appear before the login. It works fine.However, ideally I would like this modified php to appear as an extra style choice in the cblogin advanced options layout choice.

If I copy my php file and rename it to something else and upload it, it doesn't appear as a choice in this list. It would be good if it could, as I assume the default-horizontal is in danger of being overwritten in a future update.

How can we make a modified php appear as an extra layout choice in the cblogin module? Thanks :)

P.S. I will attach the modified file, just in case someone else ever wants to do this :)

File Attachment:

File Name: default-ho...ntal.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

7 months 6 days ago #335214 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change the order of Toolbar Login items
The sign up button should already be on the right unless you've right-to-left styling on your site.

As for changing the layout use Joomla's built in layout override features to create and override layout then adjust the HTML there, but the easiest approach is to just make the container of the elements a flexbox then you can use CSS order rules to change the order without touching the HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn