Confirm registration error with some mail provider

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153082 by pippo1988
Hi everyone, i am writing here because i have got a problem that i can't solve.
I have installed CD on my Jommla 1.5 with that configuration:
- Generate random password: No
- Admin approval: No
- Email confirmation: Yes
Then users compile registration form, check their emails and activate their accounts. Everything work fine, but few days ago i realise that with some provider (www.virgilio.it, www.alice.it, and others) when user click on the activation link inside the email appear a page that says:

"You are not aothorized to view that page! It's necessary to login."

Making some reserch i discover that in those email there is written an activation link like
http://www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&
confirmcode=reg8b6e926561f0f9bb800669011aa9219e0b07d50e

but when the browser open that link is become
http://www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&
c_onfirmcode=reg8b6e926561f0f9bb800669011aa9219e0b07d50e
an underscore appear between the "c" and the "o" in the word "confirmcode".
Making some research i have also discovered that this noise fact doesn't depend on the OS (linux, windows7, windows xp make always the same problem) and doesn't depend also by the browser (Chrome, safari, IE make always the same project)!

Do you know if it is a known bug?
How can i resolve it?

P.S. Sorry for my english!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154206 by krileon
Can't confirm your issue. Please upgrade to CB 1.4 and confirm if issue still present. We can't account for how each browser will react to the link. Reviewed source and the link sent with the email is formatted correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154559 by pippo1988
I made the upgrade to the v1.4 today, but the problem is still present.
I have also found some problems about the compatibility from CB1.4 to Artio JoomSEF, i made a topic about it!

13 years 2 months ago #154644 by krileon
Can't confirm your issue; please disable your 3rd party SEF and test again (using a newly registered user without SEF). Something is rewriting your URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn