Editing user details in the backend fails

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155264 by Sebastyne
I have the same problem with the latest version of GB in two different installations.

In one of the installations I need to approve users before they become active: going into the editing options to select "approve" but when saving, the screen goes into the Community Builder "info screen" and doesn't save the entry. However clicking on the icons in user list works. (This installation has been in place for quite some time without issues, updating CB brought on issues.)

The other installation doesn't require user approval, but I can't edit the users that haven't confirmed their email addresses. Clicking on the icons doesn't work either in this situation. (This is a fresh installation of the latest version, on a fresh installation of Joomla!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Editing user details in the backend fails
Please review browser error log. Very likely a fatal error present which won't let you click any buttons. Please disable CB Plugins 1 by 1 and Joomla system plugins 1 by 1 until resolved. As for saving a user please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then test saving a user reviewing any on-screen errors or errors within server error log.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162806 by Diesel9a1
Replied by Diesel9a1 on topic Re: Editing user details in the backend fails
I have a similar problem. I am the only user and I am a Super User. I am using Joomla 1.6.2. and CB1.4. It is a brand new install.

In the CB user list, I can see my name. I try and click on it to view / edit my profile. I am unable to click on it. The url in the status bar is:

www.mysite.org.uk/joomla/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers&view=showusers#edit

ALSO....
If I go to the CB plugins page, and tick a plugin, then click edit, an error message pops up and says

"Please select and item from the list to edit"

I can click the name of the plugin and it will allow me to edit the plugin.

ALSO....
I am unable to publish / unpublish plugins by clicking the icon for that specific cb plugin.

ALSO....
If I select the "select all" tick box at the top of the cbplugins, none of the plugins are selected.

ALSO....
All of the above applies to the lists tab aswell. The link in the status bar if I click on a list is:

www.mysite.org.uk/joomla/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showLists&view=showLists#editList

12 years 11 months ago #162813 by nant

12 years 11 months ago #162879 by Diesel9a1
Replied by Diesel9a1 on topic Re: Editing user details in the backend fails
Upgrading from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 fixed it.

Thanks Nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn