[PASSWORD] text displaying in message to user

13 years 1 month ago #155899 by WebMuse
Hi!

In the CB Configuration, Registration tab, it lists field names which can be included in the following emails. When I include [PASSWORD] in the Welcome Email, the email received still contains "[PASSWORD]", instead of the value.

Is this a bug?

I am running CB version 1.4.

Thanks,
WebMuse

WebMuse G

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156003 by krileon
[PASSWORD] can only be included in the Pending email unless you're using randomly generated passwords then you must include it in BOTH emails. Otherwise Pending only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156036 by WebMuse
Thanks for the clarification.

Can you add this to the wishlist?

I prefer to keep the shorter email received after my account is active, as a reminder. It is cleaner than having someone return to make a minor profile update after say 6 months, they might forget and just click the link provided in the earlier email. :unsure:

WebMuse G

13 years 1 month ago #156245 by heyai
The reason [PASSWORD] is only available in the confirmation email is that, after user registration and sending of the confirmation mail, the password is immediately encrypted and stored in the database. Keeping the password unencrypted would be a security risk.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 1 month ago #156276 by WebMuse
With an update, the unencrypted password string could be captured just before it is encrypted as part of the confirmation process, and then this could be included in the email sent to the user. Wouldn't this be possible? Reference a value already in memory, instead of reading from the database. Or build the email to be sent, before the password is encrypted, and decide whether to send after the confirmation updates are completed.

This should be fairly easy to incorporate, with a few enhancements to the code, and a bit of open thinking.

G

WebMuse G

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn