Registered Users can't see or edit profile

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #294567 by davewx
Joomla! 3.7.2
CB 2.1.2
PHP 5.6.29
MySQL 5.6.32
url: aeromn.org

Users who register have no trouble until they return to view and edit their profile.

It would appear to be a problem with Registered users access. I tried enabling "editing own" but it made no difference. Menus for registered users can't be seen unless made public. Everything public is seen. Superusers can see it all, even their own and the newly registered users profile and the editing page.

Any help would be appreciated. I did see a similar posting but it got into PHP code which blows over my head and referred to LDCP authorizations as a possible source and that feature is disabled in my site..
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294593 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registered Users can't see or edit profile
Doesn't look like any fields are available. Ensure CB Core within CB > Plugin Management is public and published. Ensure the user also has the Registered usergroup as you may have an ACL problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294612 by davewx
Replied by davewx on topic Registered Users can't see or edit profile
Thanks for your reply. Both are correct. CB Core within CB > Plugin Management is public and published. The user also has the Registered usergroup.

6 years 10 months ago #294636 by krileon
Then continue reviewing your ACL for tabs, etc.. you've a permissions problem configured somewhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294648 by davewx
Replied by davewx on topic Registered Users can't see or edit profile
ACL? What is that? Most of the tabs are set for Registered. Access to profile is set to Registered. Is that what you are asking?

6 years 10 months ago #294676 by krileon
See the below Joomla documentation for an explanation of ACL.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

The alternative to an ACL issue is you've a fatal jQuery error breaking the profile edit tabs ability to display. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue resolves. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console then click the Console tab, refresh the page, and see if any fatal (they'll be in red) errors are present.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: davewx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn