Group indicator for field loses value

4 years 6 months ago #314877 by aptol
When i use a dropdown (multiselect) field and indicate groups, the indicator value is lost and have to set it again. Hope there is a fix for this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group indicator for field loses value
I've no idea what you mean by indicator value. You mean the empty value if nothing is selected? That's only available during initial registration if marked required otherwise you need to make it as not required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314896 by aptol
Replied by aptol on topic Group indicator for field loses value
For a field I have set it to Multiselect Dropdown.

When i enter entries with a GROUP (so group is set on)
and add below entries and save all is well.

When editing again the GROUP setting is not set not ON of OFF just gone. I need to apply the GROUP setting again.

Hope this makes it clearer for you.

4 years 6 months ago #314907 by krileon
I'm having no issues with the Yes/No Group parameter saving. Appears to save fine and on re-edit remains set to Yes/No as desired. It's possible you've something installed interfering with the radio toggle. Are you using a custom backend template? Have you tried a different browser?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314912 by aptol
Replied by aptol on topic Group indicator for field loses value
Backend is Isis template. Tried Firefox. Same issue.

I do have about 6 groups and about 50 items.

4 years 6 months ago #314913 by krileon
Are you using duplicate values? All values should be unique. Beyond that I'm not sure what to suggest. Having 50 is fine although I don't recommend making such a large select field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn