Combine field in registration

4 years 6 months ago #314326 by edge33
Combine field in registration was created by edge33
Hi, I want to create a field for user registration where the actual value is composed of two other fields, a select and an input type=text,
Is it possible to do so?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314342 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Combine field in registration
You want to add them together or just displays their values together? If you just want to display the values together you can use substitutions inside of a Custom HTML field or use the layout parameters of either of those fields. See the below regarding substitution usage. You can find the layout parameters for fields under Parameters > Layouts while editing the field.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

For example the below in a Custom HTML field would display the two fields next to each other.

[cb:userfield field="cb_country" /] [cb:userfield field="cb_state" /]

The below would be if using the Profile View Value Layout of cb_country.

[value] [cb:userfield field="cb_state" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314367 by edge33
Replied by edge33 on topic Combine field in registration
Hi, I would like to add them together, not just displaying them, can you help me out?

4 years 6 months ago #314384 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Combine field in registration
Then you need CB Code Field or CB Query Field. Code field would let you do this with PHP and Query field would let you do this with SQL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn