Notification on new PM

4 years 3 months ago #316026 by Ratman_2004
Notification on new PM was created by Ratman_2004
Hi @ all.

I'm just preparing for the switch from UddeIM to the built-in PM-System. I have found out the basic things, how to create a link in the menus, how to create the new tabs and fields and so on. But there is one thing that seems to have been forgotten. UddeIM had a Module to inform the user about new PMs ("uddeIM Notifier"). Unfortunately it seems that there is no such Module for the built-in PM system.

Is it planned to create a new module for this?

Kind regards,
Tom

-=Ratman=-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #316051 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notification on new PM
New PM notification is built into CBs login module as well as the CB Workflows Module. The notification in both should work fine with the internal model.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316091 by Ratman_2004
Replied by Ratman_2004 on topic Notification on new PM
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I log in with my test-account and send a PM to my normal account. When I log in with my normal account, I can see the PM and I get an email notification, but no notification in the Login-module or in the CB Workfows module. Notification works well in both modules for UddeIM-messages.

Maybe I missed an option somewhere? Can you send me a hint to the documentation for the built-in PM system?

Thanks a lot,
Tom

-=Ratman=-

4 years 3 months ago #316100 by krileon
The CB Login Module and CB Workflows Module notifications need to be enabled. Edit your CB Login Module and under Logout Options adjust "Private Message Notifications". For CB Workflows Module you'll need to adjust the same "Private Message Notifications".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316170 by Ratman_2004
Replied by Ratman_2004 on topic Notification on new PM

krileon wrote: The CB Login Module and CB Workflows Module notifications need to be enabled. Edit your CB Login Module and under Logout Options adjust "Private Message Notifications". For CB Workflows Module you'll need to adjust the same "Private Message Notifications".

Thanks for your feedback. Notifications are already enabled in both modules. And the notifications work for the UddeIM component, but not for the activated built in messenger. The built-in messenger works fine and I get email notifications when a new message arrives. But no notification from the login module, nor from the Workflows module.

Or do I have to uninstall oder de-activate the UddeIM component/modules/plugins first?

-=Ratman=-

4 years 3 months ago #316198 by krileon
You can't use UddeIM and the internal PM model at the same time. It's one or the other. Remove UddeIMs CB plugin and use only the included Private Message System plugin built into CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman_2004

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn