[SOLVED] Registration Process, Activation Mail, Approval Mail etc.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317966 by sunconcept
Hi Guys,

we're using Community Builder for a project were we have to add like 50-150 users per month via CSV import.

And some of the steps for the registration process are kind of incomprehensible for us or in other words, the automation of the process is not working yet.

Step 1: Import Users via CSV with activation and approval is "0".
Step 2: Check all the new users and click on the button "send activation mail again" so that those users are getting the first email, where they have to activate their accounts
Step 3: When the user has activated the account, we have to manually click on every "clock" icon on approval to finally approve the user and that the system is sending the login-data and the auto-generated password to the users

Why is step 3 not working with batch processing? (it is not sending the email then, but the users are approved by batch processing)
Is there a possibility to manually send the activation mail to the user again?
Is there a possibility to manually send the login-data mail to the user again?
Is there a pissibility to see as an administrator, that those mails are sent? (logs)

We tried to configure the registration process so that if the user confirms his account and email on Step 2, that the user will automatically gets approved and that the system is sending the login-data automatically – but it is not working. How can we achieve this?

Buying a plugin or something would not be a problem to us. Is this possible with the automation plugin?

Or do we have some kind of misconfiguration somewhere?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards
Tobias
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317977 by krileon
You are batch importing users with them being unapproved except you have admin approval turned off. If you're not going to use admin approval then you need to import them as approved. The only check you should be setting is confirmed. So they should be imported with the following

block = 1
confirmed = 0
approved = 1

This will properly mimic a normal registration that requires email confirmation with admin approval turned off.

Is there a possibility to manually send the activation mail to the user again?

If they're not confirmed yet then yes you can use the "Resend Confirmation" button in CB > User Management.

Is there a possibility to manually send the login-data mail to the user again?

No.

Is there a pissibility to see as an administrator, that those mails are sent? (logs)

No, we don't log emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317993 by sunconcept
EDIT: I've tested it and it worked! Thank you Kyle.

Hi Kyle, thank you for your explanation.

So that means, if we import the users with
block = 1
confirmed = 0
approved = 1

And then check all of them and "Resend Confirmation". They get the email confirmation and after that process, they automatically get the last email with the login-data?

Regards
Tobias
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn