[SOLVED] Empty field still won't hide (Config says hidden)

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322109 by Backstein
I already checked an older post in the Archive but it seems to have been a much older version at the time and doesn't solve my problem. I knew the option in the Configuration.

But despite the fact that I selected Show Empty Fields: No some of them still show up in the profiles.

Is this evitable?
Empty Tabs are chosen as visible.

Greetings
B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322142 by krileon
Be sure to also empty "Empty Field Text" parameter. Aside from that you'd need to be more specific as to what empty fields are still showing. Some fields simply can't be empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322148 by Backstein
Thanks for your reply!

The fields I'm talking about are fields I created and in no way required.
Empty field text has no entry.
The empty fields show up with the title and no content behind.

What else do you need to know?

Greetings
B

3 years 2 months ago #322154 by krileon
No idea what to tell you. Works perfectly fine in my tests. My guess is the fields aren't actually empty (e.g. custom layout in the Layout parameters of the field). All that should be required is setting "Show Empty Fields" to "No" if the field is actually empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322156 by Backstein
Wow.
I'd have never had the idea that layout code was what the field makes 'not-empty'.
Okay. thats definetely the reason, because there's a [cb:if] in all these fields.

I guess there's no workaround, isn't it?

Thanks for this!

B

3 years 2 months ago #322174 by krileon
Surround your layout with an IF check that the field isn't empty before applying a custom layout. That should resolve the issue. Example as follows.

[cb:if cb_myfield!=""]
LAYOUT HERE
[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn