Directory opt-out

2 years 11 months ago #324788 by flappleton
Directory opt-out was created by flappleton
I have inherited a CB installation that includes a field for users to opt out of having their contact info displayed in a public directory. I assumed that if they opted out this would happen automatically - their contact info would not be displayed - but this isn't happening. Is there any way to configure CB to do this? If not, is there any point in having this option since the only way to not have the contact info displayed would be to remove the user profile altogether?

Thanks for any help.
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Directory opt-out
I assume your directory is a userlist? If it's a userlist you should be able to just add a filter to that userlist against your field to filter those users out.

If not, is there any point in having this option since the only way to not have the contact info displayed would be to remove the user profile altogether?

I've no idea. I didn't make that website so I can't know the intent of adding that. Ideally you'd just use CB Privacy to let users control field visibility themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324825 by flappleton
Replied by flappleton on topic Directory opt-out
ok, thanks, that's helpful.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds